Issues with ERA migration from one server to another

Dear all,

I am trying to migrate my ERA era server to another server with different IP address. I am following procedure as described on https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/?migrated_database_different_ip.html
The problem occurs at step 3, when assigning policy with new ERA server IP address. Although the policy is successfully assigned to clients, they still continue to report back to old ERA server.
What could be the problem?

Thank you for help.

BR, M

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to follow documentation and troubleshoot AGENT's connectivity. In case policy is correctly applied (this can be verified remotely), it is possible that connection to new server is not possible, and thus AGENT is using previous. This is "fallback" scenario so that you do not loose manageability of AGENT after wrong configuration.

Without more details it is just guessing, but most probably there will be problems with certificates, where either AGENT rejects certificate of new SERVER, or vice versa.

@MartinK Thank you for fast reply.
I guess I followed the instructions too carefully and waited for agents to stop reporting before I configured ERA on new server.
After I configured ERA & imported certificates everything works fine.

So if anyone else will be waiting for agents to stop reporting - do not do that.
Perhaps it would be worth adding a note at the end of the third paragraph of the instructions for easier understanding.
image.thumb.png.ff0584bf7619f8a03f3527434d6164aa.png

Thank you.
BR, M