Anti-Theft Keeps Asking To Create Account

I have ESS 7 on my laptop running Windows 8.1 and every time I login to the online interface for anti-theft, the optimization pane tells me to create a ghost windows account. I create one like it tells me to, and momentarily everything is fine. However, after I close the page and wait a minute, i go back on and it asks me to create another ghost account.

Have you checked your accounts on your laptop to see if it was made ?

Leave the website. Look on your computer under Control Panel > User Accounts.

It sounds like the initialization is failing. You have to start this configuration process going on the same computer and through the ESET software interface where it says 'configure Anti-theft'.

Have you checked your accounts on your laptop to see if it was made ?

Leave the website. Look on your computer under Control Panel > User Accounts.

It sounds like the initialization is failing. You have to start this configuration process going on the same computer and through the ESET software interface where it says 'configure Anti-theft'.

The account was not made, I have checked in control panel. I did start the configuration process from the ESET interface, but it still fails to create the account. Also for some reason when I run the anti-theft test everything works fine even without the account created.

Here is what i would do Jeteroll.

If you are unsure how to perform this,

Open an elevated command prompt and type "net user administrator /active:yes"

Log out, and log into it.

Unless you are already using that account, and i would not recommend that at all. Its used primarily for repairing user accounts and system issues, and should be disabled again after the fact.

Let us know if that helps get the ghost account created ! ;)

• ESET Staff

For AT test there's no need to have ghost account. Test only made webcam(if any) & screen & location snapshot.

PM me your email address & device name used for your ESET account, I'll try to check what's behind...

thx

peter

Here is what i would do Jeteroll.

If you are unsure how to perform this,

Open an elevated command prompt and type "net user administrator /active:yes"

Log out, and log into it.

Unless you are already using that account, and i would not recommend that at all. Its used primarily for repairing user accounts and system issues, and should be disabled again after the fact.

Let us know if that helps get the ghost account created ! ;)

Thanks but I tried creating the ghost account with the Administrator account and it still did not work.

For AT test there's no need to have ghost account. Test only made webcam(if any) & screen & location snapshot.

PM me your email address & device name used for your ESET account, I'll try to check what's behind...

thx

peter

Will do.