Thanks to ESET and the forum

ebill

First I hope this post is in the proper place, and proper in content I just feel the need to say some words of praise.

I would like to express my thanks to ESET and to the forum here and review my first 6 months with ESET internet security.

I cannot be happier with the performance of the software; I would like to detail what I like best.

EIS is very low impact on system resources, significantly improving boot times and general performance on our windows 10 PC’s in our home.

The software is far easier than any other security software I have used to “setup”. For me setting the “enable detection of potentially unsafe applications” to on and setting my home network and it’s all done. In my previous vendor there were so many settings I had a list to use if re-install was necessary. The advanced setup available is also a huge advantage and the great forum here is the best place to get advice if you need help (I have answered most all of my own questions by searching and reading).

We practice safe computing in our home but have saw the software “protect” us by not allowing web sites to load on a few occasions in web searches.  I love the “lack” of popups and background behavior, only coming up when something needs my attention.    

The banking and payment is a great asset, I use this feature from its shortcut (not relying on site detection) when doing any online payment activity. I have not had any problems at all accessing sites, I even use PayPal on occasion and navigation through payment is flawless. I use Firefox as my browser of choice and love that I can create customization's in the Banking and Payment browser profile to enhance my personal security preferences while in B&P while not effecting my normal profile.

In migrating feature updates on Windows 10 the software was flawless this fall picking right up where it was. Also when an ESET major update is ready the updates have gone flawless as well. This is a great asset to “ease of use”.

Test results prevented me from coming to ESET sooner, this forum and the detail of explanation when these questions have come up (by other forum users) helped me understand what “test results” really mean. The reputation and commitment by ESET is evident in the software’s actual use.

Please accept my sincere thanks for having this great product available.  Anyone needing a great preforming AV suite should give ESET a try.

Also my wishes for a Happy New year and a great 2019 to all at ESET and the forum – ebill

• 3 weeks later...