Why is Eset for Android "scanning the system" all the time?

Hi,

I'm using Eset for Android on my Samsung phone. I know that I can scan my device "on demand" or schedule a scan. However, what I don't understand is why the app sometimes just says "scanning the system". This can take a super long time (I don't know exactly how long because I always restart my phone, but it certainly takes more than 1 hour). When that happens, I can't scan the device "on demand". Also, there's no progress bar or anything that shows me that Eset is indeed scanning or analyzing my system. Is this normal? A bug? What should I do?

Note: This always happens when I don't use my phone for a long time, and it never seems to stop.

Are you using the latest version? I'm no expert, but I believe it only scans the system (all files on your phone) if it's set to in-depth, and an in-depth scan takes me around 20 seconds.

Tornado,

Thank you so much for getting back to me!

Yes, I do have the lastest version of the app and I also have in-depth scans activated. Scans (scheduled or on demand) take just a few seconds. The problem I have is that sometimes, when I open the app, the "scan" button says "scanning the system..." (It just activates by itself), and it won't change/stop for a long time.

I can't run manual scans when it says "scanning the system...", which makes me think that the app is running a scan in the background or something. The thing is that it takes a long time, and I don't want the app to use up my battery. On two different ocassions, it was taking more than 1 hour "scanning the system...", and I restarted my phone. Then the button said "scan" again (the normal button that invites you to run a scan manually).

I have noticed that the button changes from "scan" to "scanning the system..." only when I don't use my phone for 1 hour or so, or after charging my phone (but I don't have the "scan while charging" option activated.

I love Eset, but I don't want to see that it's doing things without my consent. I know that the app has real time protection and active grid, but I don't understand why the button of the app changes that way, and it takes forever doing whatever it's doing. 

Any ideas/solutions?

Thank you for your suggestion. "Scanning the system..." appears when I'm not using the phone. No details or progress bar whatsoever. No way to stop it. I just need to reboot my phone every time it happens. It's so annoying!

• Administrators

Normally you should see a notification about running scan only for a moment, e.g. when downloading files. I'd recommend creating a support ticket through the built-in form so that logs are sent to customer care for perusal as well.