Exclude from detection is greyed out in Ie 11

Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

Hello

I looked at the thread ccleaner by chrlshlmn, an noticed that in my answer to the OP question, that in my screen capture, the opportunity to check the box " Exclude for detection " were greyed out. So I went to Piriform to download the file again, and noticed that I for some reason still receive a notification where the box exclude from detection is greyed out. My system is Windows 8 pro 64 bit fully patched. Eset Smart Security version 7.0.302.26. Browser is Ie 11. I did a download of Firefox 26 to see if it was related to a specific browser. In Firefox it seems to work. The first popup in firefox, stops the download, I press " no action " but still the box is greyed out (Exclude from Detection). Then I proceed with the download, eset comes with the same window again in the end of the download, and it that window i get the opportunity to check the box, "Exclude from Detection "No other protection is running. Eset is in default mode except from that I have " Enabled detection of potentially unsafe applications " selected, of course. For now I have no idea why I can't seem to use this option in IE 11, ...with other words why the box it's greyed out...... Eset and other top users, can you figured it out ... I have create a small video, where I am trying to illustrate my point.

Link to a Janus silent movie production :-))   "exclude from detection is greyed out"

Regards Janus

• Solution

I played around with it a little bit on IE and Waterfox with a Win7 64bit system.

I noticed that the first prompt tends to be a web protocol catch, this you cant exclude a file that is not on your system yet.

You can block the connection, or disconnect/noaction. The second prompt i noticed had the clean, vs disconnect, so it is referring to the file now, residing on your system, which THIS prompt can be excluded from detection, because its the actual file being excluded from the modules like real time scanning or on-demand scanning that you would be excluding it from.

Im in a hurry to meet a friend, so i am taking a shot in the dark, will return later to see other results or if i was correct or not. :)

Thanks Janus

Hello

Thank you for your splendid explanation Arakasi, and sorry that I haven't answered before now. I were at the cinema to see the Hobbit with some friends. But your explanation gave me a Eureka moment of joy, that is so great, I really like those moments when you can see the big picture....Thanks to Marcos, and my friend Chris, which gave me the opportunity to get wiser :-))

Regards Janus