Jump to content

Eset Internet Security 12.0.31.0 Network Connections Viewer Bug


Recommended Posts

  • ESET Insiders

There seems to be a bug with Network Connections Viewer in Eset Internet Security 12.0.31.0. I'm running a P2P Client called Fopnu right now, and downloading a file. Fopnu Client is not showing up in the Network Connections Viewer.  It shows nothing actively downloading at all. I clicked on refresh several times and there was no change. I exited out of Network Connections Viewer, and then opened it again but no change.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Pro version 1709.

Network Connection Viewer.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cutting_edgetech said:

I'm running a P2P Client called Fopnu right now, and downloading a file. Fopnu Client is not showing up in the Network Connections Viewer.

If its using UDP, the Eset network connections feature will not show the connection. It only shows TCP connections similar to many network activity monitors such as TCPView.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 3:43 PM, itman said:

It only shows TCP connections similar to many network activity monitors such as TCPView.

That TCPView only shows TCP connections is logical if you look at the name.

 

14 hours ago, cutting_edgetech said:

I think they should also monitor UDP as well.

I agree. The EIS tool is called "Network connections". That name suggests that all network connections are shown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders

Hello @cutting_edgetech,

While you are on the "Network connections" tab in the ESET GUI, right click in the "Network connections" pane and uncheck "Show only TCP connections". UDP connections should now show along with the TCP connections.

I hope this helps...

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, puff-m-d said:

While you are on the "Network connections" tab in the ESET GUI, right click in the "Network connections" pane and uncheck "Show only TCP connections". UDP connections should now show along with the TCP connections.

Good catch. I didn't know that option existed.

Also the only way I could enable this is to right click on a shown existing connection and set off the TCP only option there. Thereafter, it applied to all shown connections.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@puff-m-d: Thanks for the advice!

So the tool is better than expected. Thanks ESET. However, why is the default to show only TCP connections? Why give the impression that you can barely crawl if you are able to run?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
4 hours ago, puff-m-d said:

Hello @cutting_edgetech,

While you are on the "Network connections" tab in the ESET GUI, right click in the "Network connections" pane and uncheck "Show only TCP connections". UDP connections should now show along with the TCP connections.

I hope this helps...

Thank you! I did not know that option was there! Eset should not hide this option. It causes people to waste a lot of their time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...