As soon as possible option of Scheduler

23 hours ago, AGH1965 said:

I would expect the scan to run then almost directly after booting, because it is scheduled to run every Monday at 00:00:00 and in this case 08:00:00 is as soon as possible, but instead EIS decides to wait until Wednesday 19:00:00, which is 6 days and 23 hours after the previous scan.

Appears Eset is following Windows conventions here in that a weekly scan means once every 7 days. Also appears scheduled date is only applicable if PC is powered up always on the specified date/time to run the scheduled scan.

The solution to me is for Eset to just create a Win Task Manager task for scheduled scans. Then users could edit that "to their heart's content."

Hi,

In tasks that are set to execute in a defined time interval, i.e. with the "Repeatedly" option, the "As soon as possible" option works perfectly for me.

Kind regards.

13 hours ago, itman said:

Appears Eset is following Windows conventions here in that a weekly scan means once every 7 days.

Indeed, I think that this is exactly what ESET intended with the scheduler. So weekly is considered much more important than the configured day and time. It would be nice if our ESET representative would confirm that. So the main thing that is wrong is naming the option "as soon as possible", because that is certainly not what it does.

• Administrators

As soon as possible means the next time ekrn starts which is in fact as soon as possible for us.

As soon as possible may mean as soon as possible for ESET, but certainly not for EIS. So now ESET knows what to do: Make as soon as possible also mean as soon as possible for EIS by removing the unwanted thresholds (23 hours for daily tasks and 6 days and 23 hours for weekly tasks) from the scheduler. I'm looking forward to version 12.2...

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

As soon as possible means the next time ekrn starts which is in fact as soon as possible for us.

I can confirm that it doesn't work. When I had a weekly scheduled scan configured and it was missed due to a PC sleep status, the scan did not start upon PC power up. Nor did it start at next PC boot time.

Edited by itman