All clients are members of all dynamic groups?

I have two separate dynamic groups to contain different operating systems; one for Windows and one for OS X based on the following two templates, respectively:

OS edition . OS type = (equal) Microsoft Windows

OS edition . OS type = (equal) Mac OS

When I look in the console, as expected I see only Windows workstations/servers in the Windows group and only OS X devices in the Mac container.

Yet, when I look at computer details of any client, it shows it being a member of both dynamic groups.  Any idea what is causing this?

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please post a screen shot of how the two dynamic groups appear in the groups tree.

It appears that sub-groups are not respecting the parent group filter.

I have parent group filter by OS, therefore, sub-groups do not specify OS in the expression. While it appears correctly in the console (e.g. only Macs are in the Mac group), because OS is not specified in any sub-group, sub-groups are applied to all clients.

• ESET Staff
12 hours ago, j-gray said:

It appears that sub-groups are not respecting the parent group filter.

I have parent group filter by OS, therefore, sub-groups do not specify OS in the expression. While it appears correctly in the console (e.g. only Macs are in the Mac group), because OS is not specified in any sub-group, sub-groups are applied to all clients.

Unfortunately you are right. Issue has been discovered during ESMC "Early Access" but was not resolved yet. As you noted, it does not respect hierarchy of groups, only results of matching dynamic group templates.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2018 at 4:15 AM, MartinK said:

Unfortunately you are right. Issue has been discovered during ESMC "Early Access" but was not resolved yet. As you noted, it does not respect hierarchy of groups, only results of matching dynamic group templates.

Thanks for the info. I have a ticket open with support for this but haven't gotten any updates or confirmation this is a bug.

Do you have any info as to when a fix might be released?

TIA