Upgrade from ERA 6.5 to ESMC 7, client problem

Hi,

I installed ESMC 7 to a new server, and now I need to migrate computers from old ERA 6,5 server to a new one. If I go with clean agent+antivirus install - ESMC see new computer, everything works fine. I found an article about upgrade and migration, it stated that I just need to create a policy for agent on old server to point to a new server ip , and then change certificate on a new server.  So, i created a policy to point to a new server. The problem is: now old server doesn't see computers and a ESMC server doesn't see them either. Or I just don't know where to look? Any ideas how to fix this?

• Administrators

Did you export the CA certificate from the former ERA server and imported it in the new one? Alternatively you can re-deploy the agent so that new certificates are used for communication.

• ESET Staff

It is hard to help without any specific errors. For example if you are running two instances in parallel, they are most probably available on different hostnames -> is hostname as used by new AGENTs in old certificate?