Nod32 different on Win XP and Win Seven !

fidelius2
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I have a multi boot, Windows Xp pro X64 and Windows 7 home premium X64.

1) I have noticed something strange on win7 : an option is missing in the advanced menu, below Protocol filtering - See the 2 pictures below :

hxxp://jan.imghost.us/6Wmz.jpg

hxxp://jan.imghost.us/6WZM.jpg

2) Always in win7 and Firefox 10.0.12 ESR. Each time I access a htpps web page, FF says the connection is not safe and gives me the choice to get out here or add an exception. Moreover, the certifcate of Nod32 has not been imported in this browser.

Thanks for helping.

• Administrators
  • Solution

Protocol filtering is accomplished differently on Windows XP and Windows Vista+. The latter introduced WIndows Filtering Platform and WFP filter is used instead of a TDI driver. The mentioned settings wouldn't make sense with WFP.

As for importing the root certificate into Firefox 10.0.12 ESR, I didn't encounter any problem with this. The root certificate was imported automatically into the last version 17.0.11 as well.

For an unknown reason, the certifcate was not automaticly imported and I had to record it in a file then import it manually in the browser. This also solved the problem of secured web pages.

Thank you Marcos.