Jump to content
tommy456

Is there an issue with activation servers today

Recommended Posts

I ask because my eset is suddenly  not activated  also though the expiry date is 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been no known issues with servers recently. Please provide me with your public license ID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My license says it's not valid as well now. No issues with it for the past two months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird , could it be related to the UK servers only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marcos said:

There have been no known issues with servers recently. Please provide me with your public license ID.

public license ID ? Eset with it's over zealous expired licence  nag GUI prevents anything apart from entering a new licence key ect i have no access to the normal gui, this is quite lame imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rami said:

"""

 
3

 

Edited by tommy456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tommy456, Have you contacted the store that you have bought the license key from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately

9 minutes ago, tommy456 said:

Eset with it's over zealous expired licence  nag GUI prevents anything apart from entering a new licence key ect i have no access to the normal gui

Unfortunately it's not clear what you meant by this statement. When a license runs out, the protection status changes to red but it's not that you would be limited in any way except entering a license key. A screen shot of the gui would help better understand what you mean.

Even with the license expired, you should be able to navigate to Help and support -> Details for customer care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i could not it was a red GUI and dark greyed out the background and you could not close or minimise it ,as said the only options i had where to purchase a new licence Enter a key, or contact support nothing else it was locked down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately

Unfortunately it's not clear what you meant by this statement. When a license runs out, the protection status changes to red but it's not that you would be limited in any way except entering a license key. A screen shot of the gui would help better understand what you mean.

Even with the license expired, you should be able to navigate to Help and support -> Details for customer care.

 

3

Well i could not it was a red GUI and dark greyed out the background and you could not close or minimise it , as said the only options i had where to purchase a new licence Enter a key, or contact support nothing else it was locked down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rami said:

@tommy456, Have you contacted the store that you have bought the license key from?

Yes, i have been in contact with them, they are looking into it,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rami said:

Weird , could it be related to the UK servers only?

Dunno mate, but i found a trial key online, seeing as eset want you to now download the product and presumably it is activated after install automatically, when we used to go to their site provide your email and they would send you a trial licence, not anymore, they have gone very anti-user friendly IMO I have used trial's as an emergency stop gap in the past,  it's called give and take,  well this is disappointing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't buy it retail (boxed) or from eset direct, Just a question  would upgrading  the system disk  cause a licencing issue, as recently i  made a full disk backup  which i then restored to a new ssd, but because I didn't include restoring the old HDD's hardware signature, windows decided that its licence was no longer activated, but i got that resolved, via MS's auto-activation  telephone service does eset licencing work in a similar way to Microsoft ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without checking the license on files it's impossible to tell what happened. Recently we've cancelled a handful of licenses that were being extremely overused so if you didn't purchase it from an official seller it could be that somebody sold you a pirated or leaked license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×