Is there an issue with activation servers today

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

There have been no known issues with servers recently. Please provide me with your public license ID.

public license ID ? Eset with it's over zealous expired licence  nag GUI prevents anything apart from entering a new licence key ect i have no access to the normal gui, this is quite lame imo

• Administrators

Unfortunately

9 minutes ago, tommy456 said:

Eset with it's over zealous expired licence  nag GUI prevents anything apart from entering a new licence key ect i have no access to the normal gui

Unfortunately it's not clear what you meant by this statement. When a license runs out, the protection status changes to red but it's not that you would be limited in any way except entering a license key. A screen shot of the gui would help better understand what you mean.

Even with the license expired, you should be able to navigate to Help and support -> Details for customer care.

Well i could not it was a red GUI and dark greyed out the background and you could not close or minimise it ,as said the only options i had where to purchase a new licence Enter a key, or contact support nothing else it was locked down

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately

Unfortunately it's not clear what you meant by this statement. When a license runs out, the protection status changes to red but it's not that you would be limited in any way except entering a license key. A screen shot of the gui would help better understand what you mean.

Even with the license expired, you should be able to navigate to Help and support -> Details for customer care.

Well i could not it was a red GUI and dark greyed out the background and you could not close or minimise it , as said the only options i had where to purchase a new licence Enter a key, or contact support nothing else it was locked down

1 hour ago, Rami said:

Weird , could it be related to the UK servers only?

Dunno mate, but i found a trial key online, seeing as eset want you to now download the product and presumably it is activated after install automatically, when we used to go to their site provide your email and they would send you a trial licence, not anymore, they have gone very anti-user friendly IMO I have used trial's as an emergency stop gap in the past,  it's called give and take,  well this is disappointing

I didn't buy it retail (boxed) or from eset direct, Just a question  would upgrading  the system disk  cause a licencing issue, as recently i  made a full disk backup  which i then restored to a new ssd, but because I didn't include restoring the old HDD's hardware signature, windows decided that its licence was no longer activated, but i got that resolved, via MS's auto-activation  telephone service does eset licencing work in a similar way to Microsoft ?

• Administrators

Without checking the license on files it's impossible to tell what happened. Recently we've cancelled a handful of licenses that were being extremely overused so if you didn't purchase it from an official seller it could be that somebody sold you a pirated or leaked license.