Product not activated

Mra

Hi,

We have one workstation that refuses to do a product activation. I normally find solutions in the knoweldgebase but this particular workstaion is just not cooperating.

Even reinstalling does not fix the issue. All other workstations in our office are fine.

Is there anything I can do ? ESET is then causing a few issues with this machine.

also tried activating manually but ESET licenses keys do not exist?

Step 2?

https://support.eset.com/kb3615/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

All we got was a ERA-Endpoint.zip which containts a Era-Endpoint.lic file....not a license key?

Edited by Mra

• Administrators

I mean, what error do you get if you enter the license key here?

image.png

A registration email sent after purchase contains the license key (not a file). You can try to retrieve it through https://www.eset.com/int/support/lost-license/ or by contacting the partner from whom you purchased the license.

40 minutes ago, Mra said:

Manually, this error appears ecp.200009

No proxy is being used and obviously all our other machines activate ok.

Im just curios, what OS are used on the client pc? if windows, there might be possibilities (Im not an expert, so im just guessing based on my past experience) that the Proxy settings on the windows are somehow maybe changed, either caused by unknown factor such as, maybe malware or something.

You can try look at control panel > Internet Option > Connection > LAN Settings. By default, it should look like the attach pict i provided in this post. If not the same then you should untick the "Proxy Server" as in the picture.

image.png

2 minutes ago, khairulaizat92 said:

Im just curios, what OS are used on the client pc? if windows, there might be possibilities (Im not an expert, so im just guessing based on my past experience) that the Proxy settings on the windows are somehow maybe changed, either caused by unknown factor such as, maybe malware or something.

You can try look at control panel > Internet Option > Connection > LAN Settings. By default, it should look like the attach pict i provided in this post. If not the same then you should untick the "Proxy Server" as in the picture.

image.png

Thanks, yes that's the same.

The client can also reach the eset test website that has the xml file.

I do wonder, we had massive issues with ESET the last couple of months because their servers had connection problems in Australia and if it's related?

• Administrators

The error means a problem connecting to a proxy server. Is it disabled as shown below? Is it disabled on other machines where you successfully activated Endpoint as well?

image.png

Hi Marcos,

Yes, there is no proxy being used.

It's only the one computer out of 20 that is not activating. It has internet access and can connect to the test xml file.

(We also have license to spare, so we're not reaching a limit either) - the error occured after upgrading to version 7.1

Edited by Mra

GREAT!

Monday morning, I login and now I find several weeks after upgrading to version 7, our entire organization is reporting that our products are not activated?? ie they've deactivated themselves. What is going on with ESET version 7?

1560300238_2018-12-1709_50_09-ESETSecurityManagementCenter.thumb.jpg.bf34f1fa365570edfae159a2043960db.jpg

Edited by Mra

So after bruteforcing the activation, it looks like it has gone through finally.

This is weeks after battling upgrade issues because of the ESET servers which took months to fix - it seems there are still issues with the servers.

Edited by Mra