Your computer is not protected (Mac)

bizway

We have several Macs with ESET on it and some of them give the following error since a couple of days. We tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESET but it doesn't help.

What can we do?

Schermafbeelding_20181210_om_09.28.25.png

• ESET Staff

Also, please let us know, whether this started to appear after the OS system update / upgrade to Mojave, or was present before? 

So please provide the OS version, Endpoint version and also whether it happened either after product / OS upgrade, or just started to happen randomly. 

So we installed the latest version. Now a different error pops up. I have attached a screenshot, it's in Dutch, but i'll translate it below. What could this be?

Your computer is unprotected

The kernel extension which is required for the Firewall, is not loaded because of an error. Try to restart macOS or reinstall the product.

Of course the Mac has been restarted and also the software has been reinstalled. But this doesn't seem to help.

Schermafbeelding_20181213_om_16.24.13.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Hi @bizway,

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the product. We have just released a new build of ESET Endpoint Antivirus/ESET Endpoint Security for Mac last week, which features an improved loading process for Kernel extensions. Based on the initial feedback from customers, this resolved the issue you have experienced, as well as several other issues users had reported in this forum.

Alex.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
18 minutes ago, sharryans said:

Is there any solution for "YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT PROTECTED" as i have the same issue.

error eset on mac.jpg

Did you already follow the instructions at https://support.eset.com/kb6512/, allowed the ESET Kernel extension and eventually rebooted the system?