Offline Update

Lionel M

Hello, computers where ESET is installed are Offline, is it possible to download updates from a server and install them manually with an usb key ? without connexion on internet or mirror.

Thank you !

• Administrators

By offline you mean that there is no single computer in LAN with Internet connection? Otherwise you could install an HTTP server on the computer with Internet connection that would have connectivity limited to ESET's servers and would cache update files.

It's also possible to copy the content of a mirror to a removable medium and use it to update other offline computers from it.

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

By offline you mean that there is no single computer in LAN with Internet connection? Otherwise you could install an HTTP server on the computer with Internet connection that would have connectivity limited to ESET's servers and would cache update files.

It's also possible to copy the content of a mirror to a removable medium and use it to update other offline computers from it.

Yes, there is no single computer in LAN with Internet connection.

Ok thank you ! i will try this.

I have one computer connected to the internet and i have used MirrorTools to download updates in a folder shared on local network. The offline computer can download the update but i have an error with the license at the end of the download, it say to me, authorization failed check if your license is valid.

I have generated an offline license for the mirror et and i have used it in MirrorTools parameters  -> --offlineLicenseFilename C:\mirror\mirror-esetendpointsecurityforwindows-0.lf

maybe its not the good thing to do ?

maybe it is trying to install some modules there is not in my license, i dont know.

Some computers will not be on the local network, i think i can download updates on a removable medium and install it manually as you said before.

Edited by Lionel M

the offline license generated for MirrorTools is for "ESET Endpoint Security for Windows" and i have generated the same kind of offline license for the other computer to activate it after installation

• Administrators

If you are continually getting an authorization error while creating the mirror, generate a pcap file during the download using Wireshark. I'd suggest contacting customer care and providing them with the pcap log, the offline license file that you used as well as with the command line parameters that you ran the mirror tool with.

No, MirrorTool execution is ok, the problem is on the client, it can download the update from the mirror but at the end of the download it say to me "failed authorization to update, check if your license is valid", it is on the client computer at the end of the download

• Administrators

I see. The clients currently attempt to check for a newer version in ESET's repository even if you update from a mirror. This will change in the next service build of Endpoint which will not generate this error in offline environments.

Hello Marcos,

I have another question, i have a computer totally offline, no internet, no local network.. it's a single computer, i tried to launch offline updates with a shared folder on this pc and the UNC path in mirror update like the others computer in local network, but it doesn't works, it can't reach the server