yontoo

Mrzocor

Why is Yontoo getting on my computer when I have nod32. Isn't that suppose to be keeping things like that off? I'm paying money to get spyware. Nice concept!

Hello Mrzocor, some suggestions

Just outta curiosity, do you have detection of potentially unwanted applications enabled?, if so it should have warned you then. Anyway, see this article: Yontoo has been detected by ESET, what should I do? If that does not help, then I would contact eset support for help to remove yontoo, Contact Customer Care. Just in case, if you should have any need for it, then here is a link to :How do I configure my Windows ESET product to detect unsafe and suspicious applications? (6.x)

Regards, Janus :-))

Hello Mrzocor, some suggestions

Just outta curiosity, do you have detection of potentially unwanted applications enabled?, if so it should have warned you then. Anyway, see this article: Yontoo has been detected by ESET, what should I do? If that does not help, then I would contact eset support for help to remove yontoo, Contact Customer Care. Just in case, if you should have any need for it, then here is a link to :How do I configure my Windows ESET product to detect unsafe and suspicious applications? (6.x)

Regards, Janus :-))

It was already checked.It has been since day 1! Never warns me.

Hello,

Mrzocor,  I have just downloaded Yontoo toolbar, with potentially unwanted, unsafe and suspicious applications enabled, and Eset did not detected Yontoo toolbar in one of the above categories. Data on file in question: SHA1: 4263e2937631e2e59c649241ea9d014a70d2fbe7

MD5: 18e6e39a16bac1ccfe18cc3bd680cc63 .

Anyway, I didn't have any issues uninstalling Yontoo, maybe just lucky. But, have you been able to uninstall Yontoo toolbar without issues? If not, then take use of Eset Customer Care, they will help you through if needed. You can use the link from my post above.

Regards, Janus

Hello,

Mrzocor,  I have just downloaded Yontoo toolbar, with potentially unwanted, unsafe and suspicious applications enabled, and Eset did not detected Yontoo toolbar in one of the above categories. Data on file in question: SHA1: 4263e2937631e2e59c649241ea9d014a70d2fbe7

MD5: 18e6e39a16bac1ccfe18cc3bd680cc63 .

Anyway, I didn't have any issues uninstalling Yontoo, maybe just lucky. But, have you been able to uninstall Yontoo toolbar without issues? If not, then take use of Eset Customer Care, they will help you through if needed. You can use the link from my post above.

Regards, Janus

i never got yontoo toolbar. Some sort of yontoo file was on my computer when i ran a smart scan. Nod32 couldn't delete it automatically, but it let me manually delete it. I'm not sure why it doesn't catch it to begin with!

Hey...

Yontoo is a most annoying adware which most often come along in a pack with other software, like  other toolbars and codecs and registry cleaners. Why it was not detected is not for me to answer, but the Yontoo file that I checked from my post above, where only marked as adware, from one Vendor out of 45. So it seems as a newly modified file.  That could be one explanation that it went under the radar!

Have a nice day, regards Janus

Edited by Janus

• Administrators

It looks like a setup file so it may not be scanned internally. Please PM me the download link to the file as I was unable to find it according to the hash. Alternatively you can email it to ESET as per the instructions here.

Hey,

Yontoo toolbar, from the post above is now detected as PUP. Thanks Marcos and Eset.

Regards, Janus

post-65-0-58651800-1369156597_thumb.png