Limiting Status Notifications

Hello Forums,

I am here today because I was interested in finding out if there is a way to limit the status notifications that are output in the Remote Admin Console. Currently I will get a notification even if there is a problem found and has already been handled by ESET. I need to figure out how to only show status as non-green if the issue still needs to be addressed by me personally. All this red and yellow on my screen turns into a real eye-sore and time destroyer when I need to go through each of these notifications every morning.

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Please provide a handful of screen shots to illustrate what kind of status notifications you are seeing that you'd prefer not to be reported in the console.

• ESET Staff

Not sure whether this functionality was available in ERA 6.5, but in ESMC 7.0 it should be possible. For example pre-defined notification named "Malicious file detected (trojan / worm / virus / application)" can be easly modified so that following filter is used:

image.png

Okay, upgrading to 7.0 isn't completely out of the question but I would prefer to just stick with 6.5 for the time-being and upgrade to 7.0 at our leisure. 

Could we change around policies a bit to change how the error's appear?

• ESET Staff

I might be wrong, but I assume you refer to the behavior of "Threats" pane in the ESET Remote Administrator, where all of the detections are reported, regardless whether they have been handled or not. Even when threat was handled, it´s still expected to "acknowledge" it manually, by "resolving it". This behavior was changed in the V7, where threats that are handled (blocked / deleted / cleaned) are automatically marked as resolved, so they do not appear in the window with default filters enabled. This behavior is hard-coded in the console, so we are not able to adjust that. You can however improve the count of actually resolved threats by switching cleaning to "strict".