Help uninstall Eset Endpoint 5 by script

leostor

Hi All

I need to uninstall eset endpoint  AV 5 on all the clients of the site,

unfortunately the license on the management console has expired a few days ago.

I'm trying to uninstall from the command line using an MSI package of eset endpint av 5.0:

MSIEXEC / uninstall "C: \ temp \ eea_nt32_enu.msi" / qb REBOOT = "ReallySuppress" PASSWORD = password .... but I get the error: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed .. 

the version is eset endpoint antivirus 5.0.2229.1

Any idea?

52 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You'll need to uninstall it manually in safe mode using the Uninstall tool.

Hi 

but if i attempt to uninstall  ESET using the Windows Add or Remove Programs utility from the Control Panel , i can uninstall it, 

it can be good anyway?

1 hour ago, leostor said:

Hi 

but if i attempt to uninstall  ESET using the Windows Add or Remove Programs utility from the Control Panel , i can uninstall it, 

it can be good anyway?

ANYONE?

• Administrators

If it's possible to uninstall it in a standard way via Add and remove programs, maybe this would work unless the settings are password protected:

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name='ESET Endpoint Security'" -ComputerName . ).Uninstall()

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If it's possible to uninstall it in a standard way via Add and remove programs, maybe this would work unless the settings are password protected:

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name='ESET Endpoint Security'" -ComputerName . ).Uninstall()

Hi Yes

is password protected and i know the password .. ...      by the standard way the uninstall process ends successfully,

but i need to create a script via command line for massive uninstall

• Administrators

Haven't tried it but the following might work:

MSIEXEC /x %GUID% /qb REBOOT="ReallySuppress" PASSWORD="password"

Find the appropriate GUID under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.