zone

Aim2018

Hi,

1 ) Why Zones have only  append  or replace  ? 
2) Is it necessary to add all domain controllers or all servers ip in the trusted zones ?

Thanks 

• Administrators

1, What other option are you missing? I, for one, can't think of any other than the two.
2, I'd say that DC should be in the trusted zone although I haven't tried it so I can't tell what issues you could run into if it wasn't. At least sharing is enabled only in the trusted zone which may be needed for software installation through GPO to work.

20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

1, What other option are you missing? I, for one, can't think of any other than the two.
2, I'd say that DC should be in the trusted zone although I haven't tried it so I can't tell what issues you could run into if it wasn't. At least sharing is enabled only in the trusted zone which may be needed for software installation through GPO to work.

What other option are you missing? I, for one, can't think of any other than the two.

The question is for the sake of curiosity  , there is "prepend"  for rules  and I did not find it for zones 

Thanks 

• Administrators

Prepend is not needed since the order of zones has no effect on the firewall functionality. The order matters only in case of rules.

1 minute ago, Aim2018 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply , So i have doubt ? Why 'append'  is an option for zone ?

What is the use case of append  in zone 

Thanks

Can you post screenshot?

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Prepend is not needed since the order of zones has no effect on the firewall functionality. The order matters only in case of rules.

ZONE.png

2 minutes ago, Aim2018 said:

ZONE.png

You only have this option if you have defined Zones in policy that is applied before or after this policy you are editing.

However, as @Marcos said, there is no need to have "prepend" option since it does not matter in which order you get list of zones on client. 

On the other hand, "append" is option to add this list of zones to previous zone list, or just replace if needed. If you used v5 version this is something that was problematic or impossible to achieve.

In my case, I have single policy in test environment so I don't have these options:

image.thumb.png.a5f39daf1e58ec9d9300d4c1e7f2f6a8.png