ESET Blocks Barracuda VPN Client Installation

Puviarasu

Hi Team,

Please need help to fix this issues. I am trying to install Barracuda VPN Client on windows 7 Ultimate machine but eset blocks & shows the below error.

Kindly suggest on this.

image.png.ce1cf21a4c5bb2759f7fdca9aa53d54a.png

• Administrators

How do you know it's ESET which prevents the app from being installed? Does it work after uninstalling ESET? If so, does work after pausing protection or disabling HIPS or real-time protection and rebooting the machine?

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

How do you know it's ESET which prevents the app from being installed? Does it work after uninstalling ESET? If so, does work after pausing protection or disabling HIPS or real-time protection and rebooting the machine?

Because i can see it in ESET log files, it says everything and also i have tested by uninstalling eset. It works fine when we uninstall ESET.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Puviarasu said:

Because i can see it in ESET log files

Then please post the appropriate records from ESET's logs.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Then please post the appropriate records from ESET's logs.

Marcos,

Now here is the proof for you, you can see under status, Eset says, NetworkAccessClient_5.0.1-12_x64.exe was blocked web control.

image.png.a7a56d3fb903424cb0ffb958e2256c4b.png

Edited by Puviarasu

• Administrators

Please gather logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here. It appears that you have a Web Control rule created that blocks access to the urls in the screen shot.

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please gather logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here. It appears that you have a Web Control rule created that blocks access to the urls in the screen shot.

Thanks Marcos,  I think its default policy and let me check in my next try.