Trouble activating new license

danostyles

I'm having trouble activating my new license. I was told by the trouble shooter that I may have to uninstall my eset and redownload it onto my computer. However, now it seems that I can't uninstall or re-install the program. It tells me there may be malware and to use some kind of cleaner and says that it is for advance users to use only and I am definitely not one of those. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help me? I can't do anything on my computer until I know I have virus protection. 

I am also having trouble installing ESET, I purchased a new ACER laptop that came loaded with Norton. The uninstall tool will not uninstall the Norton software.  Every attempt brings up a Norton screen that takes you to a website to purchase and activate Norton.

What do you recommend?

• ESET Moderators

Hello @MartyK,

Have you tried running Symantec's Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to first?  If that did not work, you can also try ESET's own AV Remover Tool, which can be downloaded from the following knowledgebase article:  ESET KB #146, Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky