[UPDATE: Fixed in 6.7.400] Cyber Security is Blocking my system's Accessibility Features in Security and Privacy

On 12/25/2018 at 9:19 PM, Andrew Kornberg said:

Hi

Where will I see the the new build announced?  As I have had to uninstall Cybersecurity Pro I don't get a prompt to update the application.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi admins and moderators,

+1 to this comment - please let us know how to subscribe to release news so that we receive notifications of the new build without having Eset installed.

Thanks for your efforts to see this issue ironed out asap!

Surely ESET would consider getting this update out as quickly as possible since it would have broken just about every Mac it was installed on. I for one am unable to use all the features of my mouse (it only works because I had to uninstall the drivers), Dropbox has been limited and 1Password integration in my browsers is also broken. I am trying to last as long as I can but there comes a point where I will get sick of waiting for ESET to support their users and uninstall the product and never install it again.

Not a happy customer at the moment.

EDIT: I have just been told by my wife that for the past few weeks (probably around the time of the last EST update) 1Password has also stopped working on her Windows laptop. So, it appears that ESET is actively blocking any productivity tools. I have had enough. Uninstalling now!

Edited by Grant64
Additional information.

FOR MAC USERS: After searching and searching for a solution to why my Dropbox was giving me the error "can't establish secure internet connection", (and after talking to Dropbox support), and after finally getting to chat with an ESET tech support person, the following solution worked.

Open ESET Cyber Security preferences, click "Web Access Protection" and UNCHECK "Enable HTTP protocol checking".

ALSO, go to "General", "Exclusions: Setup...", under "File System" click the plus sign and find your Dropbox application in your Applications folder to add in the list. THEN, also click "Web and Email", then under "Display exclusions:" go to "Applications" and also add the Dropbox application there. Click "OK". Both might not be necessary, but that's what got Dropbox connecting and synching again for me.

i have tested the beta version and it looks like the newest version has solved the problem. Looking forward to its official release!

7 hours ago, Grant64 said:

EDIT: I have just been told by my wife that for the past few weeks (probably around the time of the last EST update) 1Password has also stopped working on her Windows laptop. So, it appears that ESET is actively blocking any productivity tools. I have had enough. Uninstalling now!

I am sorry about that but I am not sure whether the problem on windows is caused by the same thing since as far as I know things does not work the same way on Mac and on windows. Maybe you could post the problem onto corresponding windows forum so that they could see what’s going on?

and happy New Year!

On 12/19/2018 at 8:47 PM, Marcos said:

We have an internal beta version addressing all known issues ready for testing. If you are willing to try it out, please let me know.

Tried DMing you but can I get a copy of this, or a notice as to when it'll become public release?

23 hours ago, Marcos said:

Hello,

You can download the Release Candidate version of ECS/ECSP 6.7.600 from here: https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue with NOD32 Antivirus on OSX Mojave - is there already, or will there be an equivalent release to fix the issue?

Ok - my bad, just found a newer client version that appears to resolve the issue!

Edited by zakuk
Updated client version found

On 1/8/2019 at 12:17 PM, Marcos said:

Hello,

You can download the Release Candidate version of ECS/ECSP 6.7.600 from here: https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/

Hi @Marcos,

For some reason, release still saying 6.7.400 and not 6.7.600.

476134522_Screenshot2019-01-09at14_13_17.png.1d375f503a597fe029723f5f4141db7b.png

Wrong binary? :)

Thanks in advance.

I also confirm that RC 6.7.400.0 fixes the issue.

Curiously, all apps that I had added to Accessibility and Full Disk Access while in Safe Mode also appeared when ESET CSP was uninstalled, and they were retained when the RC CSP was installed.

Hi all,

If you are still watching the topic, I would like to inform you guys that the 6.7.400 update is now available in different languages in the official website! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 7:30 AM, JohnReddy said:

Hi all,

If you are still watching the topic, I would like to inform you guys that the 6.7.400 update is now available in different languages in the official website! Cheers!

The release is 6.7.400, not 6.7.600 as the release candidate, right? I wish to try the .600 since I am facing a peculiar issue of Wifi disconnection upon plugging/ unplugging the charger on the MacBook Air 2017. Version 400 fixed the full disk access and accessibility issues, thank you for that.