Jump to content
TomasP

ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.1 BETA

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Despite releasing the new, 7th generation of our products just a while ago, we constantly work on improvements and new features and thus we already have a beta build of version 7.1 ready for you to try out.

Here's a changelog of EES and EEA 7.1.2017.0:

  • New features:
    • Audit log: Tracks changes of protections state changes, settings changes etc.
    • uPCU logic improved
  • Changes:
    • Rearrangements of Advanced configuration (Notifications, Application statuses)
    • More reliable upgrades

You can download the installers from http://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/EP_7.1_BETA/

Please post any feedback in this "ESET Beta Products for Business Users" forum section.

On behalf of ESET Beta team,
Tomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this include the new Outlook scanner plugin that has been discussed earlier?

Edited by rekun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this build is installed over a 7.0.2100.4 linked to an ESET Direct Endpoint Management system - will the agent still report in/be controlled by the DEM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @TomasP !

Can you confirm beta status for 7.1 is still active?

Does ESET have any release date in mind for 7.1? We use 5.x and will jump to 7 in near future, but would rather wait for this major release than to go through upgrade process which from my perspective is still unpolished and prone to errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bbahes said:

Hi @TomasP !

Can you confirm beta status for 7.1 is still active?

Does ESET have any release date in mind for 7.1? We use 5.x and will jump to 7 in near future, but would rather wait for this major release than to go through upgrade process which from my perspective is still unpolished and prone to errors.

Hi, public release for Endpoint products 7.1 is planned for Q2 of this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Do this have application control features? I was informed that it was planned for Q2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Justin No, it does not have application control features. Whoever gave you the information, was not correct. Although, it´s one of the topics we have in mind for the future versions, no specific plans have been made as of now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, webyourbusiness said:

if this build is installed over a 7.0.2100.4 linked to an ESET Direct Endpoint Management system - will the agent still report in/be controlled by the DEM?

I feel it was missed - will it work with EDEM or not?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK it should be, as the RMM interface is untouched. You might not be able to configure all of the settings via your current plugin, but the same functionality should work OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys,

This version 7.1 includes the revamped module for Outlook? I ask because I read somewhere that 7.1 will include a revamped Outlook module in order to avoid the problem of email when users have a large quantity of email in inbox and doesn't use subfolders.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned in the following post will 7.1 adress the syncissue problem in outlook? 

Quote from Marcos whole topic linked below "As of Enpoint 7.1, processing email messages will be completely revamped and will ultimately prevent sync issues from occurring."

https://forum.eset.com/topic/16463-ms-outlook-2016-sync-issues-and-confilcts/?do=findComment&comment=81244

Edited by time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are about to release a previously not planned service build of Endpoint (7.1) soon, the new email plug-in will be included in Endpoint v7.2 in H2/2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Since we are about to release a previously not planned service build of Endpoint (7.1) soon, the new email plug-in will be included in Endpoint v7.2 in H2/2019.

In the meantime disable Outlook ESET plugin or delete the syncissues are the only options here? Or do have any other idea to prevent this issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Since we are about to release a previously not planned service build of Endpoint (7.1) soon, the new email plug-in will be included in Endpoint v7.2 in H2/2019.

How soon? 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the outlook sync issues, please try the following:
Under Web and Email > Email Client Protection > ThreatSense Parameters > Files  Extensions from scanning add OST and PST files
Email Client Protection > Disable scanning of read emails

If this doesn't work the options are as mentioned above.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @milkybar1983,

 

We generally do not support BETA versions or preview builds of any OSes as there are usually many changes until they reach RTM phase and it would cost us significant amount of resources to bring it.
Of course the QA / Devs tests and prepare in advance for new major OS releases.

We will do our best to bring full support from day one or as soon as possible after the OS release, but I think you may also expect the builds in advance of official full OS release.
 

Regards, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 4:35 PM, time said:

As mentioned in the following post will 7.1 adress the syncissue problem in outlook? 

Quote from Marcos whole topic linked below "As of Enpoint 7.1, processing email messages will be completely revamped and will ultimately prevent sync issues from occurring."

https://forum.eset.com/topic/16463-ms-outlook-2016-sync-issues-and-confilcts/?do=findComment&comment=81244

Anything on this? When will the revamp be available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...