Jump to content

ESET is Filtering SSL/TLS Traffic thus downgrading Latest Http2 Protocol


Recommended Posts

I just upgraded my ESET Antivirus to latest version of 12 and then I noticed that it had started filtering SSL/TLS Traffic which was blocking the support for great HTTP 2.0 Protocol. No browser (Chrome, Firefox etc) are able to upgrade protocol from HTTP 1.1 to HTTP 2 because of this filtration. And the worse, it is pre-enabled by default. Now a days where technology is rising, saving internet bandwidth, traffic and cost using HTTP 2 Protocol, ESET is creating hurdle in way.  When this SSL/TLS option is disabled, all browsers can easily communicate over HTTP 2. 

I would highly recommend ESET to look into this matter as we are the True Lovers of ESET Products and such actions are not good for its reputation.

 

Thank you with regards,

Abdul Jabbar Dumrai

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
46 minutes ago, Abdul Jabbar Dumrai said:

I just upgraded my ESET Antivirus to latest version of 12 and then I noticed that it had started filtering SSL/TLS Traffic which was blocking the support for great HTTP 2.0 Protocol. No browser (Chrome, Firefox etc) are able to upgrade protocol from HTTP 1.1 to HTTP 2 because of this filtration. And the worse, it is pre-enabled by default. Now a days where technology is rising, saving internet bandwidth, traffic and cost using HTTP 2 Protocol, ESET is creating hurdle in way.  When this SSL/TLS option is disabled, all browsers can easily communicate over HTTP 2. 

I would highly recommend ESET to look into this matter as we are the True Lovers of ESET Products and such actions are not good for its reputation.

 

Thank you with regards,

Abdul Jabbar Dumrai

HTTP2 support module is available on pre-release update channel, soon it will be available to all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators

Hello @Abdul Jabbar Dumrai,

the Internet protection module supporting HTTP/2 is currently being tested and is available to the pre-release users.

So if you want to evaluate it as well, just switch the update mode to pre-release,...

Regards, P.R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

By the way, do you know of another AV that doesn't use a web browser add-on for filtering and already fully supports HTTP/2?

Kaspersy AV and Kaspersky Free AV using addons for web browsers and fully supports HTTP2 more then a year. Also many other AV supports HTTP2 - Comodo, Dr.Web, Avast. Some of them even allready supports new TLS 1.3 version (Avast announced TLS 1.3 support with "Avast 2019" AV).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
43 minutes ago, anton83 said:

Kaspersy AV and Kaspersky Free AV using addons for web browsers and fully supports HTTP2 more then a year. Also many other AV supports HTTP2 - Comodo, Dr.Web, Avast. Some of them even allready supports new TLS 1.3 version (Avast announced TLS 1.3 support with "Avast 2019" AV).

Please name only those that do not have support in browser add-ons which is quite trivial to implement. We do the filtering deeper at the Windows Filtering Platform level which gives us the possibility to be browser-independent and filter the http(s) communication of any application, not just browsers' communication.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Abdul Jabbar Dumrai said:

No browser (Chrome, Firefox etc) are able to upgrade protocol from HTTP 1.1 to HTTP 2 because of this filtration.

HTTP/2 and Eset work fine together in IE11 or Edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
16 minutes ago, itman said:

HTTP/2 and Eset work fine together in IE11 or Edge.

Did you enable pre-release update in Eset settings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, anton83 said:

Did you enable pre-release update in Eset settings?

No. I believe HTTP/2 has worked with Eset in these two browsers for some time.

Note: the web site must also support HTTP/2; a number still do not. 

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please name only those that do not have support in browser add-ons which is quite trivial to implement. We do the filtering deeper at the Windows Filtering Platform level which gives us the possibility to be browser-independent and filter the http(s) communication of any application, not just browsers' communication.

Glade to know that ESET does not filter only browsers traffic but on Windows ground level as well. Though I think there should be some other AVs filtering the communication on Windows ground level. That is an added protection from malicious attacks.  We will be waiting for the HTTP 2 module available to stable versions not just pre-release. Thank you guys for those awesome knowledge and answers. By the way, any idea when ESET will finally add the HTTP 2 module to its products?

Edited by Abdul Jabbar Dumrai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, Abdul Jabbar Dumrai said:

 

Glade to know that ESET does not filter only browsers traffic but on Windows ground level as well. Though I think there should be some other AVs filtering the communication on Windows ground level. That is an added protection from malicious attacks.  We will be waiting for the HTTP 2 module available to stable versions not just pre-release. Thank you guys for those awesome knowledge and answers. By the way, any idea when ESET will finally add the HTTP 2 module to its products?

I guess this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...