PROOF that NOD32 v7 is a resource hog

Super_Spartan
Go to solution Solved by Aryeh Goretsky,

All I can say is that I hope jeklor is willing to work with ESET on the performance issue so you can enjoy V7 too, since it seems the OP wasn't interested in doing so but changed product instead.

The OP did NOT have performance issues in Win 7 he said, wich you did when you tried V7, so that's one difference anyway.

It's also good to know if you run any other programs in realtime along ESET, compatibility issues comes to mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

The most noticeable change in Performance with respect to previous versions

is the AdvHeuristics option turned on for File Execution

However, even if you tell the program should enable adv heuristic when a file execution occurrs,

it seems to me both options in RealTime protection Advanced setup

--> Scan on File Open

--> Scan on File Execution

Are scanned based on a opened file handle, other AVs use File Mapping to intercept the Execution

Obviously this doesnt occurs for write operations as files are scanned upon close

• Administrators

The most noticeable change in Performance with respect to previous versions

is the AdvHeuristics option turned on for File Execution

This shouldn't be an issue if you have LiveGrid and Smart optimization enabled. Once a file has been scanned, it should be omitted from scanning the next time you run it so you shouldn't basically notice any difference.

However, even if you tell the program should enable adv heuristic when a file execution occurrs,

it seems to me both options in RealTime protection Advanced setup

--> Scan on File Open

--> Scan on File Execution

Are scanned based on a opened file handle, other AVs use File Mapping to intercept the Execution

If advanced heuristics is used on file access, you must have enabled it manually in the ThreatSense setup (the Advanced heuristics/DNA/Smart signatures option).