Windows 8 Compatibility Issue V5.0.2214.4

I have a customer who recently installed a new Windows 8 machine, as with all the other computers in the office (a couple Windows XP and several Windows 7 machines) I installed ESet Endpoint Security 5.0.2126 and everything worked fine.

I saw that version 5.0.2214.4 was released and so I upgraded the office and on all the XP and Windows 7 x64 machines the software installed without a problem. But on the lone Windows 8 x64 machine it will not install giving this error:
Quote:
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753.
I re-downloaded the msi x64 installer and tried again (rebooting in between tries) and still got the same error. The very first line of the changelog for 5.0.2214.x says "Added: Windows 8 compatibility" but it seems like added incompatibility is more like it since 5.0.2126 actually seemed to install and work fine on Windows 8 and I reinstalled it with no problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Have an idea how to correct it?

- Norm

edit.gif

Hello

As you write, the Error 2753 is related to a Windows installation failure/issues.My suggestion is maybe not the most profound, but try as per instruction from this knowledge base article to uninstall eset in safe mode by using eset uninstaller tool. Link : How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product? Please notice ,that in the article, there is a link to how to restart windows 8 in safe mode, if you should need it.

Regards, Janus

• 2 months later...
Guest s.littel

I have to agree with Norm@Home. Got the same issue with this Windows 8 compatible Version which is not compatible. I also used the 5.0.2126.3 Version without any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,
I have the same problem (error 2753) with eset secure business 5.0.2214 on windows 8 64bits.
I try with the administrative console and alway fail so I try the msi without any configuration and manualy install to the computer and I got the error 2753 when he try to install.

Try New Version 5.0.2225.0

• Added: Windows 8.1 compatibility
  • Fixed: Increased login time for domain user's first login
  • Fixed: User cannot access encrypted USB drive on Windows 7
  • Fixed: Rollback restores incorrect module architecture on Windows 7 64-bit
  • Fixed: Wrong display of network path in GUI logs
  • Fixed: Occasional crashing of Microsoft Outlook 2013 when sending a message on Windows 7 32-bit
  • Fixed: Client logs sent multiple times to ESET Remote Administrator when the optimization button is pushed
  • Fixed: Problem with automatic Send/Receive in Microsoft Outlook 2013 on Windows 7
  • Fixed: Quarantined files (false positives) are not restored to their original location with automatic restore after the update of virus signature database
  • Fixed: Email plugin not integrated correctly on Windows Live Messenger 2012 on Windows 8 32-bit
  • Fixed: Blue screen error (BSOD) after integration of Device Control on Windows XP SP2 and older
  • Fixed: Occasional blocking of printers and Bluetooth without adding rules to Device control
  • Fixed: Error when sending message with no sender address
  • Fixed: Scanning of Microsoft Outlook messages with Symantec Enterprise Vault integrated causes the attachment icon to disappear
  • Fixed: Microsoft Outlook crashes upon exit when connected to Kerio Mail Server via Kerio Outlook Connector v8 on Windows XP, Windows 7
  • Fixed: Issues mounting Elpro Libero PDF logger device