Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NitinJusta

What about recent apps lock option in app lock feature ?

Recommended Posts

Hello 

I am using App Lock feature of eset mobile security and i am unable to find any option to lock recents. I means whats the point of app lock when someone can still see one's messages and pictures in recents. Is there any option to lock recents, if not then please add this option to mobile security app. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I have no clue what you mean by "recents". On my Android phone there is no such feature to show recently used applications.

You can contact customer care via the built-in form but we cannot guarantee we will be able to do anything about it. The thing is 3rd party vendors are limited by Android itself and by customizations that the mobile maker implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately I have no clue what you mean by "recents". On my Android phone there is no such feature to show recently used applications.

You can contact customer care via the built-in form but we cannot guarantee we will be able to do anything about it. The thing is 3rd party vendors are limited by Android itself and by customizations that the mobile maker implemented.

Thank you for your quick reply. I have attached a screenshot of recents, please find the attachment. For example in the attached screenshot the recents can be accessed by taping the "sqare box" at bottom rite corner and there are 3rd party vendor apps on google play store that locks the recents in android.

Screenshot_20181118-194301.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you unlock the App from the AppLock , it will stay unlocked in the Recents untill you clear it from the Recents or re-lock the device as far as I have noticed , sometimes clicking the back button and running the App again does bypass the AppLock but then after few seconds the AppLock locks it again

It happened once for me where it produced a bug , clicking on the app , being prompted to put the pin , clicking back and then clicking the app again made me bypass the Lock for quite about 10 seconds and then the Lock noticed and locked me again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rami said:

Once you unlock the App from the AppLock , it will stay unlocked in the Recents untill you clear it from the Recents or re-lock the device as far as I have noticed , sometimes clicking the back button and running the App again does bypass the AppLock but then after few seconds the AppLock locks it again

It happened once for me where it produced a bug , clicking on the app , being prompted to put the pin , clicking back and then clicking the app again made me bypass the Lock for quite about 10 seconds and then the Lock noticed and locked me again.

Hello rami

Thanks 

Okay here is what i did, i locked the phone (power button, screen goes off) waited 15 seconds then unlocked phone but didn't open any locked app and taped the "recents app option" as shown in screen shot earlier. I can still see recents of apps like whatsapp, facebook, Instagram etc and see the messages, pictures etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NitinJusta said:

Hello rami

Thanks 

Okay here is what i did, i locked the phone (power button, screen goes off) waited 15 seconds then unlocked phone but didn't open any locked app and taped the "recents app option" as shown in screen shot earlier. I can still see recents of apps like whatsapp, facebook, Instagram etc and see the messages, pictures etc. 

Argh , I see that you do mean that the AppLock should prevent you from seeing the user interface while it's still locked? , If you click on it will prompt you to put the password right?

Apps that do use Android lock as protection will prevent you from seeing the GUI from the Recents area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rami said:

Argh , I see that you do mean that the AppLock should prevent you from seeing the user interface while it's still locked? , If you click on it will prompt you to put the password right?

Apps that do use Android lock as protection will prevent you from seeing the GUI from the Recents area.

Yes exactly, with locked apps their recents should be locked but GUI from recents is visible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NitinJusta said:

Yes exactly, with locked apps their recents should be locked but GUI from recents is visible. 

I understand, try for example to use Signal (messaging app) , in the settings of this app you could lock it and then the GUI will not be shown in the recents list

But for ESET is different , you could still be able to see it from the recents list , unless ESET makes a change to prevent that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rami said:

I understand, try for example to use Signal (messaging app) , in the settings of this app you could lock it and then the GUI will not be shown in the recents list

But for ESET is different , you could still be able to see it from the recents list , unless ESET makes a change to prevent that.

Thanks for all your help

Eset should add the option to lock recents and i request eset to do so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NitinJusta said:

Thanks for all your help

Eset should add the option to lock recents and i request eset to do so.

 

You are welcome ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AppLock prevents applications from starting. It does not block already running applications. The list you are referring to are applications that are running in the background. You can close a particular application, e.g. by dragging it to the right and you should not be able to start it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

AppLock prevents applications from starting. It does not block already running applications. The list you are referring to are applications that are running in the background. You can close a particular application, e.g. by dragging it to the right and you should not be able to start it then.

Okay let me explain. There is a application called "Norton app lock" and it does the same thing i am talking about. It does not clear any application from resent app list but locks the GUI of recent app list so that any other person cant see recents without unlocking apps. I have attached the screenshot of that option called "lock recent app list" from this "norton app lock" app.

Thanks

sketch-1542561231832.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah kind of Norton app lock does do the same as the Android lock would do

It will prevent you from looking at the screen in the recent area.

You could send it as feedback to ESET team so they can consider it and maybe add it as a feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you lend your phone to other persons that you'd need to have access to recent applications blocked?
We have put the wish on out backlog as an improvement for future versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rami said:

Yeah kind of Norton app lock does do the same as the Android lock would do

It will prevent you from looking at the screen in the recent area.

You could send it as feedback to ESET team so they can consider it and maybe add it as a feature.

okay,  i will see to it 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do you lend your phone to other persons that you'd need to have access to recent applications blocked?
We have put the wish on out backlog as an improvement for future versions.

One of my friends wanted to see my phones' UI so i gave him with unlocked lockscreen. i thought my apps are locked through eset how can he open them but he was looking at GUI of recents specifically  WhatsApp chats in recents and i was like killing him in my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...