Upgrade ESMC 7.0.451.0 to 7.0.72

Hi!

Do you have policy to push upgrade by regions? I don't see in ESMC any notification that upgrade is available, other than RSS feed on Dashboard.
Is there a option to manually trigger check for available upgrades?

My version:
ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.451.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.413.0)

Note: This is test VM.

1 hour ago, bbahes said:

Hi!

Do you have policy to push upgrade by regions? I don't see in ESMC any notification that upgrade is available, other than RSS feed on Dashboard.
Is there a option to manually trigger check for available upgrades?

My version:
ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.451.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.413.0)

Note: This is test VM.

After half an hour I got message that update is available, but version remains same.

image.thumb.png.ec32bb63b20046302f825fb8c57b4be7.png

image.png.940d71a7be98a11e345b71d073224b31.png

I wonder, it gave me this message. wWhat exactly Wait until ESMC Server is updated means? How do I check progress and where?

image.png.9e25d0d44d2a71a6c085c7af0183cac8.png

Edited by bbahes

• ESET Staff

Upgrade task is standard client task, so progress can be monitored in client details of AGENT installed on the same machine as is ESMC Server. In most cases upgrade is so fast, that you will just notice short outage of service, during which you will be log out. According to previous screenshot with version, I guess you already upgraded, as you have version 7.0.471.0 and 7.0.429.0.

3 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Upgrade task is standard client task, so progress can be monitored in client details of AGENT installed on the same machine as is ESMC Server. In most cases upgrade is so fast, that you will just notice short outage of service, during which you will be log out. According to previous screenshot with version, I guess you already upgraded, as you have version 7.0.471.0 and 7.0.429.0.

OK. How to upgrade ESET Security Management Center to version 7.0.72.0? This is separate process like in ERA5 I could update console and server separately? 

• ESET Staff
2 minutes ago, bbahes said:

OK. How to upgrade ESET Security Management Center to version 7.0.72.0? This is separate process like in ERA5 I could update console and server separately? 

In case you started upgrade task from console, it should upgrade both ESMC Server and Webconsole (and also AGENT itself). Just to be sure, version 7.0.72.0 is version of this release as whole bundle, and it contains ESMC components, with their specific versions. Specific versions are described in KB3690 and once upgraded, you should see following version in Webconsole's about dialog:

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.471.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.429.0) 

in case you are using ESMC Server for Linux.

2 minutes ago, MartinK said:

In case you started upgrade task from console, it should upgrade both ESMC Server and Webconsole (and also AGENT itself). Just to be sure, version 7.0.72.0 is version of this release as whole bundle, and it contains ESMC components, with their specific versions. Specific versions are described in KB3690 and once upgraded, you should see following version in Webconsole's about dialog:

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.471.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.429.0) 

in case you are using ESMC Server for Linux.

Why this disparity in version numbering? 

• ESET Staff
On 11/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, bbahes said:

Why this disparity in version numbering? 

I guess it is from practical reasons. ESMC bundle as release contains too many components, and it would be almost impossible to share the same version for all of them. Alsol it would not be possible to replace only specific components between releases. From my point of view, bundle version 7.0.72.0 is more marketing version

Boa tarde,

Estou usando o Debian 9.2 com java e jdk 8, tomcat8, meu console web contém as seguintes versão:

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Versão 7.0 (7.0.451.0)
ESET Security Management Center (WebConsole), Versão 7.0 (7.0.413.0)

Ao realizar o Upgrade ESMC 7.0.451.0 to 7.0.72 pelo prórpio webconsole, após atualizar recebo o erro conforme este link abaixo: