Returned to eset, having used v2/3/4, skipped 5, 6, queries

nod8

I used Eset from the days of v2.5 (remember that??). I remember reading Microsoft were using it, so I did too.

Some queries though:

On AV comparatives, KIS/KAV scores 99.9% protection. The balance was user dependent.

KIS/KAV is bloatware, although there endpoint software less so.

Why is ESS/EAV poorer in comparison? Has a higher compromise per centage?

I am using ESS with WRSA AV as a precaution against NOD letting something by.

I have a KIS licence but have chosen to use Eset because it is lighter on resources and is supplemented by WRSA.

But would welcome improvement in that protection. It is not what you keep out it's what you let in?

• 3 weeks later...

ESS 7 is the best yet. It is amazing how others are falling by the wayside except for Eset, who just continues to make their products better and better. And yes, Kaspersky still may be good, but my shoulders and computer cant carry that weight. :)

I have a KIS licence but have chosen to use Eset because it is lighter on resources and is supplemented by WRSA.

But would welcome improvement in that protection. It is not what you keep out it's what you let in?

Hello nod8. What is WRSA AV? :huh:

Edited by TomFace

Hi Tom. WRSA or sometimes WSA = Webroot SecureAnywhere  :)

Hi Tom. WRSA or sometimes WSA = Webroot SecureAnywhere  :)

Thanks-learned my one new thing for the day! B)

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

Remember that real life and tests are quite different things. Although some tests may give an impression that ESET is falling behind in detection, real users' experience is quite different. I, too, can confirm that ESET is excellent at detecting malware, especially zero-day malware, which is often missed by all or most competitive av vendors.

I have always believed most testing to be bogus as it can never replicate the user's environment,habits,etc.One such example is av test's performance scores for eset.The scores in the test were in no way indicative of how ESET would function on my machine.ESET has been amazing.I just purchased a 3pc license after 2 weeks of trial and have been more than satisfied.I am leaving behind over 300 days of KIS remaining and over 450 days of WSA remaining.There is no doubt in my mind ESET can protect my machines adequately.Some extremely intelligent and wise people here and on Wilder's use ESET,as well as some really bright people in the IT industry.I have chosen to use ESET on it's own even though I could use WSA with it.I have found ESET to be extremely stable most importantly,which is something the programs I used to use lack somewhat at this time.I plan on changing over all my machines as time allows.

Edited by superssjdan

Haha I agree superssjdan, though bogus may be a little too strong word for what they are :P, but they surely are not accurate in most cases, especially not the "performance" part in the tests.

As i've said before ESET would be a pain in the bum if the performance results were accurate. 

But without the tests from AV-Test and AV-C all the average consumer would be left with would be the Mag "reviews" and I do not prefer them over these tests.

It would obviously be easier to recommend a product and explain to a person that might come here asking "how's ESET doing" well you could look at this test.....but we rather see you don't as they are not really accurate.

To put it short a 100% detection rate in a "test" means nothing to me.

Edited by SweX