False positive

Hello

untill this time my tool wasn't detected like a virus by nod32, the entry point didn't change ...... why now yes ? I'd never changed the program , I just do updates

malwarebytes, Kaspersky and others don't detect this as a malware so why you ?

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/77b03ad5eb31d73461f1404a6c793160614b1e08989ab755b1e094d8f18feedb/detection

I do not really appreciate that, don't break your reputation

I know the signature isn't trusted by trustprovider cause it's auto-signed with abyloncert , if you want I give you the certificate, I'm serious , I'm a part of SOSVirus, creators and co-developper of UsbFix with El Desaparecido, so please don't detect my tools anymore than viruses

Thanks a lot

g3n-h@ckm@n

Edited by g3n-h@ckm@n

• Administrators

We don't have the file in question so I can't tell if it's still detected or not. However, it looks that more and more antivirus companies started to detect it as well.

You can know this product here :

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/20-adsfix/

hxxp://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/adsfix.html

https://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Securite/antivirus-antitrojan/fiches/139173.html

https://www.sosvirus.net/telecharger/adsfix/

https://genhackmantools.wordpress.com/adsfix/

And you can find it on Google if you want, there's 5 years I'm coding this tool , you' re late !

do you beleive some of theses sites could let this program in download if it's a virus ? let me laugh

in all cases thanks for the link I'll try to

Edited by g3n-h@ckm@n

For the last couple of months I've been getting a ton of false positives. I've been with eset since before the security systems (over 15 years)

I have never ever seen this kind of mess. It's inconsistent too. For example several websites will now not allow me to proceed in Chrome (All Chrome) Yet pale moon, Maxthon waterfox, all let these websites through using Eset

I've been using eset for the fast that they have NEVER EVER had issues with false positives. I can't even surf the web comfortable anymore. This action is now heading to files. Simple exe. are coming up with viruses now. I've gone back and forth comparing with kaspersky and bitdefender. They are not picking up anything that eset is now claiming to be problems

I've had it. I'm now using bitdefender in a trial because Eset has completely dropped the ball here.

Terrible Terrible Terrible. I get aggravated now just looking at the name Eset

Edited by Rockin_Eset

On 11/12/2018 at 5:01 PM, Rockin_Eset said:

For the last couple of months I've been getting a ton of false positives. I've been with eset since before the security systems (over 15 years)

I have never ever seen this kind of mess. It's inconsistent too. For example several websites will now not allow me to proceed in Chrome (All Chrome) Yet pale moon, Maxthon waterfox, all let these websites through using Eset

I've been using eset for the fast that they have NEVER EVER had issues with false positives. I can't even surf the web comfortable anymore. This action is now heading to files. Simple exe. are coming up with viruses now. I've gone back and forth comparing with kaspersky and bitdefender. They are not picking up anything that eset is now claiming to be problems

I've had it. I'm now using bitdefender in a trial because Eset has completely dropped the ball here.

Terrible Terrible Terrible. I get aggravated now just looking at the name Eset

The problem are not false positives per se, every antivirus software generates them more or less. The problem is how ESET responds to software vendors. It has been three years that we are trying ESET to remove false detections off our digitally signed files. Their argumentation is that our software "is being installed by malware" . 

Well, isn't it the job of antivirus software to block malware and not to block legitimate files? Legitimate software is legitimate software, and malware is malware. Even if malware uses some wrapper or loader or dropper to run legitimate files, why don't you block that wrapper/loader/dropper in the first place? 

For someone who still don't understand this explanation here is an analogy. Colt's firearms can be used by the police and army, but they can also be used by criminals. If we follow Eset's reasoning we must ban all Colt's firearms (including those used by policy and army) just because some criminals use them.   

On 11/9/2018 at 10:04 PM, g3n-h@ckm@n said:

I know the signature isn't trusted by trustprovider cause it's auto-signed with abyloncert , if you want I give you the certificate, I'm serious , I'm a part of SOSVirus, creators and co-developper of UsbFix with El Desaparecido, so please don't detect my tools anymore than viruses

Thanks a lot

g3n-h@ckm@n

My friend, ESET doesn't care even about EV Code Signing Certificate issued by DigiCert. Do you think they should care about self-signed files? :) 

You probably need to have your files signed by the president of Slovakia. I think that should do the trick. (joking) 

• Administrators

Since this forum is not a channel for disputing detections, we'll draw it to a close. For information how to report possible false positives to ESET, refer to the link above.

• Marcos locked this topic