NOD32 version 12.0.27.0 - World of warcraft unresponsive on logout + switching characters

HanB

Problem:
Yesterday NOD32 got an update to version 12.0.27.0. I installed the update and since then I have a problem with my "World of Warcraft" game. (not a full screen program)
I can not close down my game. It hangs on logout. I can not switch between characters in the game. When I do that the game becomes non-responsive.

What I already tried to fix the problem: (I run NOD32 with full protection. Everything that it can protect is activated) 
* I recovered my PC with an Paragon Image to a point where NOD32 did not have the latest update yet. Then "World of Warcraft" works fine again.
* I disabled game mode - "World of Warcraft" becomes unresponsive again when I logout or switch characters ingame
* I disabled NOD32 protection temporarely. Then "World of Warcraft" works fine again.

What is going on with NOD32? Can someone assist me. I now have to ctrl-alt-del to force "World of Warcraft" to close down / switch characters ingame or disable my NOD32 protection>
Unlimited ctrl-alt-del use corrupts my "World of Warcraft" program so I do not want to do that.

I use NOD32 since ages and never had any problems with my game before.

• Administrators

Please try the following, one at a time, and see if it resolves the issue:

1, Temporarily disable Real-time protection and reboot the machine.
2, Temporarily disable HIPS and reboot the machine.
3, Temporarily disable protocol filtering.

Also please gather logs with ESET Log Collector and post the generated archive here.

Turns out that NOD32 was not the problem. I also have Malwarebytes 3.6.1 on my PC.
I use both programs for years together. Turns out that  Malwarebytes version 3.6.1 ransomeware protection is the reason for the problem I experienced in WoW.

I excluded my WoW map in Malwarebytes, turned on my ransomeware protection again and things run smoothly again in WorldofWarcraft. :) 

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, HanB said:

Turns out that NOD32 was not the problem. I also have Malwarebytes 3.6.1 on my PC.
I use both programs for years together. Turns out that  Malwarebytes version 3.6.1 ransomeware protection is the reason for the problem I experienced in WoW.

I excluded my WoW map in Malwarebytes, turned on my ransomeware protection again and things run smoothly again in WorldofWarcraft. :) 

I used to run the v2 of Malwarebytes alongside ESET and there wasn't any conflicts , but maybe it's different in v3 , it might cause conflicts having both software running real-time scanning.

I know. Have been running Malwarebytes V2 since last week because I could have not have V3 installed without getting a BSOD within minutes after installation of Malwarebytes V3,

Problem is ...... I have a premium version of Malwarebytes since the beginning of the program. At that time we could buy a lifetime licence that was really cheap because they where starting up. I bought 4x lifetime licence for all the pc's in our family. These licences are still valid for today's version of malwarebytes so there is no money involved to keep Malwarebytes running.
We've been running NOD32 for years, alongside Malwarebytes V1 and V2. Every couple of years we have to renew the NOD32 licence. 
I've been told that Malwarebytes alone is enough to protect our PC's against all threads but "in my head" Mbam is a program against spyware and Nod32 is against viruses.
It's hard to get good info. Both programs can conflict. But what do I do?? Malwarebyte fanboys say I need to drop Nod32 and I'm sure that NOD32 tell me to drop Malwarebytes.

• Most Valued Members
29 minutes ago, HanB said:

I know. Have been running Malwarebytes V2 since last week because I could have not have V3 installed without getting a BSOD within minutes after installation of Malwarebytes V3,

Problem is ...... I have a premium version of Malwarebytes since the beginning of the program. At that time we could buy a lifetime licence that was really cheap because they where starting up. I bought 4x lifetime licence for all the pc's in our family. These licences are still valid for today's version of malwarebytes so there is no money involved to keep Malwarebytes running.
We've been running NOD32 for years, alongside Malwarebytes V1 and V2. Every couple of years we have to renew the NOD32 licence. 
I've been told that Malwarebytes alone is enough to protect our PC's against all threads but "in my head" Mbam is a program against spyware and Nod32 is against viruses.
It's hard to get good info. Both programs can conflict. But what do I do?? Malwarebyte fanboys say I need to drop Nod32 and I'm sure that NOD32 tell me to drop Malwarebytes.

I prefer to rely on ESET because MalwareBytes was made as anti-malware and then grew up to antivirus , so I prefer to stay with ESET as antivirus running as real-time and malwarebytes as on-schedule scanner

but for me I don't use malwarebytes.

Edited by Rami

Does NOD32 also scan for ransomware? Thought that only the "Eset Internet Security" did that.

Edited by HanB

20 hours ago, HanB said:

Does NOD32 also scan for ransomware? Thought that only the "Eset Internet Security" did that.

Hello HanB and welcome to the Forum. Take a look at this https://www.eset.com/us/home/for-windows/

Granted it's the US website, but I would think ESET would be offering the same worldwide. In addition, many of us have lifetime MBAM licenses. Unfortunately when MBAM went to v3, some of us decided against using v3 due to the issues it causes. I trust ESET as it has served me very well over the years.

So I guess you can continue using MBAM v2 until it reaches EOL, not sure when that is as I just tried to check via the Malwarebytes website - support section (2x) and it blocked me out because I would not accept their cookies:angry:.

Looks like I made the correct decision to stop using MBAM:D.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace
grammar correction

I recently renewed my NOD32 licence. It's valid up to august 2021. Guess I have to work with what I have for a long while. 

• Most Valued Members
35 minutes ago, HanB said:

I recently renewed my NOD32 licence. It's valid up to august 2021. Guess I have to work with what I have for a long while. 

ESET won't let you down , go for Internet Security if you want added security options

Rami does have a point. EIS will give you more protection. It will cost you a few more Euros, but I think it's worth a look.

See Marcos' post on another thread regarding upgrading from NOD32 to EIS  https://forum.eset.com/topic/17488-cant-install-eset-on-my-computer/?do=findComment&comment=86703

Here's the link to ESET Netherlands should you wish to pursue it:  https://www.eset.com/nl/

vriendelijke groeten,

Tom

Edited by TomFace
Punctuation correction

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, HanB said:

Tnx I will see into that. 

Groet terug,
Han

Good luck with that :)