DATEV Best Practice Tutorial

Hi Community,

is there a best practice tutorial for DATEV clients available? I found a tutorial for an earlier ESET version (NOD32) but neither for version 6 nor for version 7. Datev wants on it's server based desktop clients to exclude two directories from the real-time scanner as well as from a possibly background scanner. (C:\DATEV\*.* and C:\WINDVSW1\*.*)

Any help is appreciated :-)

Thx & Bye Tom

Servus Marcos,

>Unfortunately, I was unable to find any information about what Datev is and what is its purpose.

DATEV is a financial accounting program but that is not the issue, I know which directories have to be excluded. The actual question is whether it is enough to set up the directories in the 'Dectection Engine - Exclusions' dialog to exclude them both in the Real Time Scan (which works) and in the Background Scan or Idle State Scan, I think this is called ESET. See attached screenshot...

Thx & Bye Tom

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-12 um 15.30.47 Kopie.png

Edited by pronto

1 hour ago, pronto said:

The actual question is whether it is enough to set up the directories in the 'Dectection Engine - Exclusions' dialog to exclude them both in the Real Time Scan

As far as I am aware of, process and file exclusions entered for the detection engine apply to any Eset options subordinate to it. This would include any of the manual or scheduled malware scanning options.