Network connection issues while renewing licence

Tom L

Hello,

I'm having trouble renewing my licence - I have a new key I got after purchasing a renewal, but when entering it the update wizard alerts me that I don't have an internet connection (which is not true) and thus cannot update (error code ECP.25). It once recognized my internet connection, but then alerted me that ESET servers were unavailable, and was not able to renew the licence.

I'd appreciate help - I thought the error will go out on it's own, but now my computer will go unprotected in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Tom

• Administrators

Are you still having issues activating ESET? There was a temporary outage of activation services yesterday but now it works alright.

Anyways, after renewing a license you don't have to do anything since the license key does not change with a renewal.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, Marcos said:

Are you still having issues activating ESET? There was a temporary outage of activation services yesterday but now it works alright.

Anyways, after renewing a license you don't have to do anything since the license key does not change with a renewal.

That's what I knew from previous renewals, but for some reason it didn't update automatically this time, and still can't connect.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- under Help and support -> Details for customer care, enable advanced logging
- enter your license key in the activation screen
- when an error is displayed, stop logging
- gather logs with ESET Log Collector and post the generated archive here.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm updating that while the antivirus notified me that my protection is lost, it kept on updating and working for a while, and now  didn't start when my computer started and seems like it's not installed. I tried to download the installer, but when it starts it keeps on showing a similar message - that it doesn't find an internet connection.

1 hour ago, Tom L said:

I'm updating that while the antivirus notified me that my protection is lost, it kept on updating and working for a while, and now  didn't start when my computer started and seems like it's not installed. I tried to download the installer, but when it starts it keeps on showing a similar message - that it doesn't find an internet connection.

It sounds like Eset is still installed but no longer active.

Try uninstalling it via the Windows Uninstall Program options. Reboot. Then try to install the version you downloaded.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Eset using the Eset Uninstaller Tool. Instructions on its use are here:  https://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US . When the tool completes, it will display if the uninstall was successful. Then boot into Windows normal mode and install the version you downloaded.