Jump to content

Banking protection


Recommended Posts

Hi, when I use Eset banking protection in Google Chrome, Secured by Eset tag is not there. When I use Firefox, I can see Secured by Eset tag without any problem on the same banking site. Problem is only with Chrome. Is this some kind of bug? How will Eset fix this?  Thank you in advance for your answer. Have a nice day. Andrej

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have noticed the same thing. Two banking websites that were saved in favorites with eset banking protection are now in favorites without eset banking protection.  Also, when I use the eset banking icon to access the url, I now see "not secure" on the url line- on Google Chrome browser.  This was not the case a couple weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possibly related to this... I don't recall if the secure indicator was working (or not), but within the past few days sites that were set to open in the secure browser do not. My default browser is Chrome, and previously a green-bordered, extension-less Chrome instance would open for my banking sites.

I did notice that Eset had changed the sites' favicons in Chrome, but that has reverted back in the past few days. I can manually open the secure browser, and that seems fine.

The sites are definitely set to use secure browser in Advanced Setup. I've also tried variants like adding www or the index.html landing page, with no success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

When reporting issues with bank websites not opening in a secure browser, we need to know:
- the bank url
- browser and its version
- if the issue occurs with other browsers
- ESET product and its version + the version of the Banking and payment protection module

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 0x55 said:

I did notice that Eset had changed the sites' favicons in Chrome, but that has reverted back in the past few days. I can manually open the secure browser, and that seems fine.

The sites are definitely set to use secure browser in Advanced Setup. I've also tried variants like adding www or the index.html landing page, with no success.

Also discussed in a recent like thread on this subject, Eset doesn't support HTTPS/2 yet. So any like web site will not cause the opening of BP&P secure browser regardless of the source browser used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Is this something that just happened recently?

Last week I was using this just fine. Now any Canadian banking website that I open doesn't work anymore (auto-direct) or auto-detect with ESET Internet Security 12.0.27.0 

Was working fine next week. I test in Google all Canadian banks, none of them work, but when I type bank of america to test a diffrent bank it works. What happened? Did something get changed over the weekend. It just stopped working last week. I can still open manually via ESET > Banking and Protection. Then I get the green sandbox window but I still have to type the url manually. Until last week I have never had a problem with this.

Tried all my browsers. Edge, Firefox and Chrome. All with 0 extensions. Just stopped working. And I know it not a browser issue or computer issue because if I type bank of america it works. This happen to all Canadian banking website. Just stopped working.

Error with modules?

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
On 11/27/2018 at 8:17 AM, heyyahblah said:

Is this something that just happened recently?

Last week I was using this just fine. Now any Canadian banking website that I open doesn't work anymore (auto-direct) or auto-detect with ESET Internet Security 12.0.27.0 

Was working fine next week. I test in Google all Canadian banks, none of them work, but when I type bank of america to test a diffrent bank it works. What happened? Did something get changed over the weekend. It just stopped working last week. I can still open manually via ESET > Banking and Protection. Then I get the green sandbox window but I still have to type the url manually. Until last week I have never had a problem with this.

Tried all my browsers. Edge, Firefox and Chrome. All with 0 extensions. Just stopped working. And I know it not a browser issue or computer issue because if I type bank of america it works. This happen to all Canadian banking website. Just stopped working.

Error with modules?

Thanks.

Did you try to reset the settings for Banking and Payment? , turn it off and then turn it on again and see if it prompts you or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Rami said:

Did you try to reset the settings for Banking and Payment? , turn it off and then turn it on again and see if it prompts you or not.

Answer Quote first - BUT - (per Marcos suggestion) I made - www.paypal.com - open in BPP by  (in Web/Email/ SSL ) UN-chking "Exclude communications with Trusted Domains -  to force http/1.1 use, I think.

PayPal has Stopped Opening in BPP ( via FF 63.0.3 )-- and I wonder IF whatever caused that to happen & this Canadian bank issue are related? 

A toolbar bookmark Within the Protected browser solves the issue for me but this is offered as trouble-shooting data only.

Edited by COStark26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...