Eset Endpoint Security 7 remote installation

Hi,

Need help. It seems that in some cases trying to install the new version of Eset Endpoint Secutiry 7 on top of an old one is not being possible. Another case is of even showing in the console that a machine does not have the antivirus does not install the new version. And there is one last thing happening, I have to install and it turns the Running status from one day to another, and sometimes it stays that way and it does not end, neither with failure nor with success, and in some I even verified that it was installed new version.

In these three cases the Eset management Agent is up to date.

I looked at the local installation log but could not identify the problem, can you help me?

Failures:

Task failed, try to install software manually.

Failed to synchronize package repository. See traceability for more details. (in this case I tried to look at the trace, which I imagine is local, but I could not find any problems).

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide us software-installation.log of this failure upgrade attempt? It should be located in the same directory as is AGENT's trace.log. Generic task failure might be caused by failure in installer itself. You also mentions "Failed to synchronize package repository" which indicates that AGENT was not even able to download installation package. In this case, there will be more detailed error message in AGENT's trace.log, but most probable issue is either network problem, or overloaded state of ESET infrastructure.

10 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide us software-installation.log of this failure upgrade attempt? It should be located in the same directory as is AGENT's trace.log. Generic task failure might be caused by failure in installer itself. You also mentions "Failed to synchronize package repository" which indicates that AGENT was not even able to download installation package. In this case, there will be more detailed error message in AGENT's trace.log, but most probable issue is either network problem, or overloaded state of ESET infrastructure.

This machine generated the sync failure: ws66786
This machine generated the manual installation failure: ws67513

The logs are attached.

software-install_ws66786.log

software-install_ws67513.log

trace_ws66786.log

• Administrators

Product: ESET Endpoint Security -- Error 1404. Could not delete key \Software\ESET\ESET Security. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Does the issue occur even if you manually install a newer version of Endpoint on top of an older older? What older version of Endpoint is installed on the troublesome machines? What oper. system is there?

• ESET Staff
4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does the issue occur even if you manually install a newer version of Endpoint on top of an older older? What older version of Endpoint is installed on the troublesome machines? What oper. system is there?

AGENT's trace logs shows there is version 6.2.2033.0 installed.

Em 07/11/2018 às 17:01, Marcos disse:

O problema ocorre mesmo que você instale manualmente uma versão mais recente do Nó de Extremidade em cima de um antigo mais antigo? Qual versão mais antiga do Endpoint está instalada nas máquinas problemáticas? Que oper. sistema está lá?

I'll confirm that the local installation is running on top of an old version, as far as I remember it is running yes. But anyway, I want to solve the problem of remote installation.

The two machines have the same operating system and old product:
Windows 7 Professional x64
ESET Endpoint Security 6.2.2033.0

The installation problem occurred in updating the network agents too, it caused a lot of failure to install the new version over the old one. For agents, it has these old versions:
ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.2.190.0
ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.1.444.0

Edited by Primuwidi