The Cabinet file 'core.cab' required for this installation is corrupt

tmuster2k

Full Install error is:  The Cabinet file 'core.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. The could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

error happens when trying to install Nod32 on windows 7 64bit computer. Have already unregistered and re-registered Windows Installer. Downloaded new .MSI from ESET website. Never used CDROM for this install. Used windows cleanup utility but did not find anything. Created new user account and confirmed permissions are good on Windows temp Folder. Confirmed on properties of .MSI file that it is not blocked. Performed full manual uninstaller with ESET uninstaller and manually cleared ESET from registry. Have searched online and cannot find anymore solutions. Any information would be much appreciated.

Same result with Live installer.     eset kb article for this issue actually recommends the offline installer.

SOLN2753

Edited by tmuster2k

I'm getting the exact same error with both the Live installer and the offline installer. Win 8.1 64-bit. Tried reregistering the service and redownloading the installer to no avail.

After working with Support, I eventually got it installed - what I had to do was uninstall using the ESET uninstaller as shown in the KB guide. Afterwards I reinstalled using the Live installer, not the offline one. I tried using the offline installer first to save myself a download, but that failed as usual - I reran the uninstaller and tried the live installer, and this time it worked properly.

I don't know if it's the going to be the same fix, but you may as well try and see if it helps your issue.

Thanks for the suggestion Paradoxvoid but my Client has returned the ESET product and staying with Microsoft Security Essentials.

That's unfortunate, as MSE does not catch anywhere near as much of the threats that are floating and being passed around everywhere now days.

Not even a PUA(potentially unwanted application) option which i feel is one of the strong points to ESET's software.

We're here to continue assisting if he re-thinks his decision.

• Administrators

I'd suggest checking the hash of the msi file in case of this error to rule out the possibility that the installation file is corrupt.