LiveGrid Feedback System choice offered repeatedly, won't store response

segalsegal

On the Home display in NOD32 a question appeared last month about enabling the ESET LiveGrid Feedback System.  I've responded "Do not allow" and Windows 10 asks "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", but after choosing Yes, the question is reappears on the Home display and the NOD32 tray icon has a blue exclamation point badge.  Periodically an alert pops up asking the same question, but it also doesn't take no for an answer.  

I don't have this problem on NOD32 on a different Windows 10 computer.  I update the two copies whenever one asks for an update, but the misbehaving copy reports its version as 11.2.63.0, while the properly functioning copy reports 12.0.27.0.

Is there some simple way to fix this?  My 2 year license is up soon, and if there is no known solution to this problem and the only suggestions are to see if deleting and reinstalling works that might be a good opportunity to switch to a new antivirus product.

I had the same issue, but will simply live with the flashing alert until (if) Eset figures out what they did wrong.

Uninstalling can create really big issues with the network stack etc. Usually it works, but uninstalling an antivirus is not like uninstalling a regular program.

I have the same problem with 12.0.27.0 on Windows 7. I don;t really want to go through the pain of uninstalling and reinstalling, so I'll wait until ESET sort the problem out. It's a PITA though, as it even pops up in the middle of the screen when I'm playing a movie full-screen!

• Administrators

Please provide us with:
- ELC logs (with a registry dump included)
- a Process Monitor log created at the time you make the selection about the LiveGrid feedback system
- if possible, provide information about older versions that you had installed before if you installed newer versions on top without uninstalling the previous version.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:23 AM, Marcos said:

Please provide us with:
- ESET Log Collector logs (with a registry dump included)
- a Process Monitor log created at the time you make the selection about the LiveGrid feedback system
- if possible, provide information about older versions that you had installed before if you installed newer versions on top without uninstalling the previous version.

Uninstalled Eset on my Win 7 laptop and installed Bitdefender Free. No more annoying problems. Not going to jump through hoops to get a paid piece of software working properly.

• Administrators

We have offered help. Also uninstalling v12 and installing it from scratch would work. We assume that the issue must have been there since older non-GDPR compliant versions, ie. versions from before March 2018. We have already gathered stuff from a machine where the issue manifested and are analyzing it.

Please let us know if you have the LiveGrid section empty in the advanced setup when the issue occurs.

If anybody runs into this issue, the solution is to uninstall ESET and install v12 from scratch. If you use custom settings, export them prior to uninstalling ESET and import them after installing it from scratch.

• 1 month later...

The re-installation solution given to me here worked for 6 weeks, but there is now an additional updating problem (don't know whether this is related to the original problem or not).

I get the red main screen "Security alert" listing "Detection Engine out of date" and ""ESET LiveGrid is not available.  Checking for updates, ESET NOD32 Antivirus has the same version as on my other computer, 12.0.31.0, but last successful update was a week ago on the affected computer.  Check for updates doesn't get anything new.  Restarting the computer didn't help.  I had installed a Windows Update shortly after starting the computer, but didn't check what the red triangle on the NOD32 tray icon was about since I expect those when there is a Windows Update to install.

Should I start a new thread or continue in this or another existing thread (one with this issue from 2016 was locked).

Is 2 problems in 2 months a way of telling me to switch to a different company (my 2 year renewal is coming up in a few weeks)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 2:43 AM, segalsegal said:

On the Home display in NOD32 a question appeared last month about enabling the ESET LiveGrid Feedback System.  I've responded "Do not allow" and Windows 10 asks "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", but after choosing Yes, the question is reappears on the Home display and the NOD32 tray icon has a blue exclamation point badge.  Periodically an alert pops up asking the same question, but it also doesn't take no for an answer.  

I don't have this problem on NOD32 on a different Windows 10 computer.  I update the two copies whenever one asks for an update, but the misbehaving copy reports its version as 11.2.63.0, while the properly functioning copy reports 12.0.27.0.

Is there some simple way to fix this?  My 2 year license is up soon, and if there is no known solution to this problem and the only suggestions are to see if deleting and reinstalling works that might be a good opportunity to switch to a new antivirus product.

I assume that uninstalling ESET and installing v12 from scratch would solve it.