Attention Parental control only partially working

From a customer: Today I keep getting a pop up message saying the above and saying I should reenter my licence key. Which I have done. I also logged onto my.eset.com and I choose to send an email for eset verification which I have done, but still getting error message. I see parental control module 1604 was updated on 17/10/2108 so guessing this triggered it?"

• Administrators

Are you positive that the error is reported by Parental Control for Android and not by Parental Control which is a part of ESET Internet Security / ESSP for Windows?

It was reported from Parental Control in ESET Internet Security. Sorry, @Marcos. Can you move this to the correct forum?

Meanwhile I have found the reason: "Based on the logs, parental control stopped working after the request to resolve a category for IPv6-like URLs. This hasn't been implemented yet. A partial workaround for this will be implemented, so instead of causing parental control to be non-working, such URLs will be treated as uncategorized."

If anyone is experiencing this problem it should have been fixed as of today.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, RvW said:

It was reported from Parental Control in ESET Internet Security. Sorry, @Marcos. Can you move this to the correct forum?

Meanwhile I have found the reason: "Based on the logs, parental control stopped working after the request to resolve a category for IPv6-like URLs. This hasn't been implemented yet. A partial workaround for this will be implemented, so instead of causing parental control to be non-working, such URLs will be treated as uncategorized."

If anyone is experiencing this problem it should have been fixed as of today. 

I don't know where you have this information from but to my best knowledge we'll do our best to make a workaround this week so a module partially addressing the issue could be released the next week at soonest.