Netbook Screen Resolution & ESET V12

simplicissimus

Hello,

unfortunately the new version (V12) is almost unusable on netbooks with a resolution of 1024x600. All menu items at the bottom of the window can no longer be reached.

I suppose this is due to the new (and completely superfluous) element on the left side "Recommend to a friend".

Edited by simplicissimus

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, simplicissimus said:

Hello,

unfortunately the new version (V12) is almost unusable on netbooks with a resolution of 1024x600. All menu items at the bottom of the window can no longer be reached.

I suppose this is due to the new (and completely superfluous) element on the left side "Recommend to a friend".

Can you post a screenshot?

• Administrators

I don't think that the size of gui has changed since v9. As far as I know, it's been optimized for the standard resolution 1024x768 since.

@ Marcos

This is not correct. In the previous version (11) you could still reach the menu items of picture 1 and 2 without problems.
I can say this with certainty because I updated to V12 yesterday. So I have the direct comparison of the two versions.
I suspect that the new element on the left "Recommend to a friend" has changed the height of the window.

@ Rami

No, i can not resize ESET Window. It is not possible to reduce the size of the window.

• Most Valued Members
18 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The main gui cannot be smaller than the default size.

My mistake , I have only tried to resize the GUI of Linux v4 and it works , I thought it would be the same for v12 , I don't have Windows machine near me to test.

To reduce Eset GUI window size, go to the top of the window and see if the up-down arrow symbol appears. If so, then reduce the height of window. Then reposition the window to the top of the desktop. Go to the bottom of Eset GUI window and the up-down arrow symbol should again appear. Drag screen downward to show the missing information.

Also, the horizontal window size can likewise be adjusted using the above procedure by mouse positioning to either the left or right side of the Eset GUI window.

From this point on, Eset will remember this revised GUI screen size.

Edited by itman

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

The main gui cannot be smaller than the default size.

As Marcos and I already wrote, it is not possible to make the window smaller than the default size ... and exactly this is the problem with a resolution of 1024x600.