updates download

Hi.  Just upgraded to 12.-... EIS

Before upgrade, when i went online, eset would automatically check for updates.  Now, i have to check lower r. notice - "check for updates". 

Have my settings been altered with the upgrade - i was told they would not.  Thanx.

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, jems said:

Hi.  Just upgraded to 12.-... EIS

Before upgrade, when i went online, eset would automatically check for updates.  Now, i have to check lower r. notice - "check for updates". 

Have my settings been altered with the upgrade - i was told they would not.  Thanx.

ESET does still after v12 upgrade will check automatically for updates , is that what you are worried about?

• Administrators

It is just that new program and module versions are not typically distributed to all users at once but the release is staggered. Running update manually usually enforces downloading of the latest program version.

still have to manually chek for UPDATES - before, as soon as i went online, it automatically checked  for Sig. UPDATES.

thanx.

There have been a few comments about Eset GUI settings being "mysteriously" changed after the ver. 12 update.

Below is a screen shot of my update profile settings which provide for auto updating w/update confirmation popup:

Eset_Update.thumb.png.3a990b8e59d8bda33a0c239f51cb70fd.png

Hi itman,

My settings are just as yours.  I guess i'll just check "check for updates" - no real hassle.  Appreciate your help.

It does seem that EIS v12.0.27.0 is a bit sluggish on auto updates. Prior to v12, whenever I would connect to my internet, it would update. Of late, that does not seem to be the case. Going forward, I will pay closer attention to when auto updates occur. At this point in time, I cannot say 100% that it is NOT auto updating, but I cannot honestly say that I have seen an auto update occur. Like jems, I have been doing more manual updating. My settings are correct.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

As far as ver. 12 goes, I have seen no changes in Eset update frequency.

I advise always checking the Eset Event log as to update frequency. What happens at boot time is the Windows Security Center in Win 10 can be slow to initialize. The Eset GUI will not initialize as far as the Win desktop goes until WSC initializes. What happens when this occurs is the Eset update has already completed and no Eset update completion popup will be displayed.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:55 PM, itman said:

As far as ver. 12 goes, I have seen no changes in Eset update frequency.

I advise always checking the Eset Event log as to update frequency. What happens at boot time is the Windows Security Center in Win 10 can be slow to initialize. The Eset GUI will not initialize as far as the Win desktop goes until WSC initializes. What happens when this occurs is the Eset update has already completed and no Eset update completion popup will be displayed.

That may be fine if you are running Win 10 and are already connected (or connecting) to the internet at boot up.  Which is NOT the case in my situation. As I stated previously, I will start a manual log and see what is what.

Regards,

Tom

Update 11.2.18...it does appear the program is auto updating...not at the same times as v11 did.

Edited by TomFace
Update 11.2.18 added

I see on the GUI - update successfully installed.  Man - i just forget to R.Klik on the GUI - sure is helpful.  Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 5:18 PM, TomFace said:

That may be fine if you are running Win 10 and are already connected (or connecting) to the internet at boot up.  Which is NOT the case in my situation. As I stated previously, I will start a manual log and see what is what.

Regards,

Tom

Update 11.2.18...it does appear the program is auto updating...not at the same times as v11 did.

Still awaiting reply - re auto update when i go online in V. 12...   I run W-7 on this PC.

I can klik "chek for updates" if necessary - however, i do not understand why V. 11.  updated automatically when i went online, & why V. 12...  does not.

Please - i think an answer is needed.  V. 12... will not - OR - will update automatically when i go online.  I can live with it either way - a response is overdue to myself & others.  If this feature will again work on an update of V. 12...  - that would be great.   Thanks. :)

1 minute ago, jems said:

Still awaiting reply - re auto update when i go online in V. 12...   I run W-7 on this PC.

I can klik "chek for updates" if necessary - however, i do not understand why V. 11.  updated automatically when i went online, & why V. 12...  does not.

Please - i think an answer is needed.  V. 12... will not - OR - will update automatically when i go online.  I can live with it either way - a response is overdue to myself & others.  If this feature will again work on an update of V. 12...  - that would be great.   Thanks. :)

Hello jems. You might want to review this thread. https://forum.eset.com/topic/17440-eset-12-does-not-update-automatically-at-computer-startup/?tab=comments#comment-86568

Regards,

Tom