Product is installed, but it is not running error

brandobot

I have ~40 machines in our environment who are in this current status. When I ssh or remote into the machines, I find that only the ERAAgent process is running and not the ESET Endpoint Security app.

I've tried to uninstall and re-install the app.

Is there a way to remotely restart all of the eset processes on a Mac and Windows machine?

• Administrators

You can only reboot the machine remotely. That will also restart the ekrn service or esets daemon.

Is ESET actually installed? If possible, please  gather logs with ELC on a Windows machine and provide me with the generated archive.

HI @Marcos These are primarily on Mac machines. ESET is installed, but the processes are not running.  Is there a script or a way I can re-start the services?  We do not want restart end users machines.

• ESET Staff

Hi Brandon, can you please share couple more details about the machines? What is the OS version, and what is the Mac Endpoint version? If I do recall correctly, this once happened to me, when I have upgraded the mac OS to High Sierra, however non-compatible Endpoint application was installed. But that´s just a guess. 

Also, have you contacted ESET support with it already? If yes, I would like to follow up with them, transfer it to HQ support, so your issue could be analyzed.

Edited by MichalJ

4 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Hi Brandon, can you please share couple more details about the machines? What is the OS version, and what is the Mac Endpoint version? If I do recall correctly, this once happened to me, when I have upgraded the mac OS to High Sierra, however non-compatible Endpoint application was installed. But that´s just a guess. 

Also, have you contacted ESET support with it already? If yes, I would like to follow up with them, transfer it to HQ support, so your issue could be analyzed.

About half were on ESET Endpoint Security 6.5 still. I will try to update these again. (I had updated through the ESMC a couple weeks ago but these must have failed.

All are running High Sierra (10.13.6)

The other half are up to date.

Products & Licenses

ESET Endpoint Security 6.6.866.1 Up-to-date version
ESET Management Agent 7.0.418.0 Up-to-date version

I will open a case now. I have a couple cases open and it generally takes a couple days to get a response. I normally get a faster response on the forums. Thanks.

This just happened on my own Mac. Was working fine for a few weeks, did a macOS Mojave update, restarted, and now it's saying the ESET kernel extension isn't loading. Maybe something similar is happening to other Macs?

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.46.13 PM.png

• ESET Staff

What was the version before upgrade? Was it the latest 6.6? I will have it checked by our internal QA, whether they will be able to reproduce the issue. 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:45 PM, MichalJ said:

What was the version before upgrade? Was it the latest 6.6? I will have it checked by our internal QA, whether they will be able to reproduce the issue. 

Yes, it was the latest version, 6.6*. I was running macOS  10.14 and upgraded to 10.14.1. After reboot, this is when I noticed the error.