Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Disappointment on the whole line, unfortunately there are no great innovations in the new versions, just ridiculous what was done there, these mistakes could have been made with a normal update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
12 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Disappointment on the whole line, unfortunately there are no great innovations in the new versions, just ridiculous what was done there, these mistakes could have been made with a normal update.

In next updates there will be more inovations. So wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
22 minutes ago, galaxy said:

What should I wait for? What else is there to come, it's probably just about making money... sad

For example machine learning in scaning of threads. Also there will be add of HTTP2, TLS 1.3 support via modules updates.

Edited by anton83
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members

There are actually plenty of changes in the new version, many more than the (4) that is listed against the changelog that is shown against 12.0.27.0

Maybe once the discrepancy in the changelog is noticed and updated then you might be more satisfied ?

@Marcos @Peter Randziak


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
36 minutes ago, galaxy said:

What should I wait for? What else is there to come, it's probably just about making money... sad

But you receive updates for free, you don't pay for version upgrade

new versions can include bug-fixes , security-fixes , new features etc , but still ESET didn't release changes notes, so wait till you see them and then decide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rami said:

But you receive updates for free, you don't pay for version upgrade

new versions can include bug-fixes , security-fixes , new features etc , but still ESET didn't release changes notes, so wait till you see them and then decide.

The changelog for v12 is here:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Well, I'm not thrilled

Some folks will never be satisfied.

1 hour ago, cyberhash said:

There are actually plenty of changes in the new version, many more than the (4) that is listed against the changelog that is shown against 12.0.27.0

Maybe once the discrepancy in the changelog is noticed and updated then you might be more satisfied ?

@Marcos @Peter Randziak


 

Just got the upgrade option through the gui update screen. Think I'll do an overlay (this time) and see how it goes.

Regards,

Tom

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Moderators

Regarding galaxy's questions about what is "released" with this version, all ESET users should be aware of the *new* update/release model for our products, where we continually push significant changes through uPcu/PCU/module updates throughout the year. This way, you don't have to wait for a yearly, major release to get all the new capabilities/functionalities. 

I tried to explain this in the Knowledgebase here: https://support.eset.com/kb2256/

And again here: https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/corporate-blog/system-update-headaches-eset-is-the-cure/

Fer

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Moderators
3 hours ago, cyberhash said:

There are actually plenty of changes in the new version, many more than the (4) that is listed against the changelog that is shown against 12.0.27.0

Maybe once the discrepancy in the changelog is noticed and updated then you might be more satisfied ?

@Marcos @Peter Randziak


 

 

What discrepancy do you mean cyberhash, just that we only list 4 changelog items and not more of the "under the hood" ones? Where do you view changelog information and what do you expect to see there? (I ask because I am one of those responsible for compiling and publishing the changelogs)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, foneil said:

we only list 4 changelog items and not more of the "under the hood" ones?

I think users would like to know in detail what the "under the hood" ones are.

I was under the impression, maybe mistakenly, that this version would provide more user control in regards to the execution of unknow processes. Appears that is not the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members

@foneil I was referring to the under the hood ones.

I think people were expecting more than just an updated GUI and a referral program after waiting a year, which is what the release notes imply.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Moderators
4 minutes ago, cyberhash said:

@foneil I was referring to the under the hood ones.

I think people were expecting more than just an updated GUI and a referral program after waiting a year, which is what the release notes imply.

 

1

Thanks for clarifying, I talk often with the product owners about what to include in changelogs and we'll have another discussion after this release using this feedback. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, foneil said:

Thanks for clarifying, I talk often with the product owners about what to include in changelogs and we'll have another discussion after this release using this feedback. 

You are welcome @foneil , it just seemed a bit odd that after all the improvements made on the products that no mention of any of it appeared on the release notes.

P:s  ... I'm reading the release notes that accompany the download

 

fone.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It works great, but what has everything been added or changed? There are more than 4 points. Can't see a whole change list

Edited by galaxy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Moderators
4 hours ago, foneil said:

Regarding galaxy's questions about what is "released" with this version, all ESET users should be aware of the *new* update/release model for our products, where we continually push significant changes through uPcu/PCU/module updates throughout the year. This way, you don't have to wait for a yearly, major release to get all the new capabilities/functionalities. 

I tried to explain this in the Knowledgebase here: https://support.eset.com/kb2256/

And again here: https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/corporate-blog/system-update-headaches-eset-is-the-cure/

Fer

We published more content regarding what is released in home products:

https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/corporate-blog/whats-the-latest-in-esets-antivirus-windows-security-solutions/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Rami said:

But you receive updates for free, you don't pay for version upgrade

new versions can include bug-fixes , security-fixes , new features etc , but still ESET didn't release changes notes, so wait till you see them and then decide.

This.

While the changelog seems smaller than usual the great thing with eset is your license will work on all future versions if it is valid wi no upgrade fees.

Also I've always thought other security features seemed to hold of on new features for.a big yearly release so its great to see eset is realising new features when they are ready as opposed to waiting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, galaxy said:

Disappointment on the whole line, unfortunately there are no great innovations in the new versions, just ridiculous what was done there, these mistakes could have been made with a normal update.

What 'great innovations' do you want to see?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
20 minutes ago, Skier said:

What 'great innovations' do you want to see?

I think ESET since v1 is a great innovation, atleast it gave me the opportunity to stop using resource-hungry Norton , it was the only 'light' AV available back in the time.

And now we are v12 , Thank you ESET.:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...