Version Internetsecurity 12.0.27.0

Disappointment on the whole line, unfortunately there are no great innovations in the new versions, just ridiculous what was done there, these mistakes could have been made with a normal update.

• ESET Insiders
12 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Disappointment on the whole line, unfortunately there are no great innovations in the new versions, just ridiculous what was done there, these mistakes could have been made with a normal update.

In next updates there will be more inovations. So wait.

What should I wait for? What else is there to come, it's probably just about making money... sad

Edited by galaxy

• ESET Insiders
22 minutes ago, galaxy said:

What should I wait for? What else is there to come, it's probably just about making money... sad

For example machine learning in scaning of threads. Also there will be add of HTTP2, TLS 1.3 support via modules updates.

Edited by anton83

• Most Valued Members

There are actually plenty of changes in the new version, many more than the (4) that is listed against the changelog that is shown against 12.0.27.0

Maybe once the discrepancy in the changelog is noticed and updated then you might be more satisfied ?

@Marcos @Peter Randziak

• Most Valued Members
36 minutes ago, galaxy said:

But you receive updates for free, you don't pay for version upgrade

new versions can include bug-fixes , security-fixes , new features etc , but still ESET didn't release changes notes, so wait till you see them and then decide.

20 minutes ago, Rami said:

new versions can include bug-fixes , security-fixes , new features etc , but still ESET didn't release changes notes, so wait till you see them and then decide.

The changelog for v12 is here:

40 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Well, I'm not thrilled

Some folks will never be satisfied.

1 hour ago, cyberhash said:

There are actually plenty of changes in the new version, many more than the (4) that is listed against the changelog that is shown against 12.0.27.0

Maybe once the discrepancy in the changelog is noticed and updated then you might be more satisfied ?

@Marcos @Peter Randziak

Just got the upgrade option through the gui update screen. Think I'll do an overlay (this time) and see how it goes.

Regards,

Tom

• ESET Moderators

Regarding galaxy's questions about what is "released" with this version, all ESET users should be aware of the *new* update/release model for our products, where we continually push significant changes through uPcu/PCU/module updates throughout the year. This way, you don't have to wait for a yearly, major release to get all the new capabilities/functionalities. 

I tried to explain this in the Knowledgebase here: https://support.eset.com/kb2256/

And again here: https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/corporate-blog/system-update-headaches-eset-is-the-cure/

Fer

• ESET Moderators
3 hours ago, cyberhash said:

@Marcos @Peter Randziak

What discrepancy do you mean cyberhash, just that we only list 4 changelog items and not more of the "under the hood" ones? Where do you view changelog information and what do you expect to see there? (I ask because I am one of those responsible for compiling and publishing the changelogs)

17 minutes ago, foneil said:

we only list 4 changelog items and not more of the "under the hood" ones?

I think users would like to know in detail what the "under the hood" ones are.

I was under the impression, maybe mistakenly, that this version would provide more user control in regards to the execution of unknow processes. Appears that is not the case.

• Most Valued Members

@foneil I was referring to the under the hood ones.

I think people were expecting more than just an updated GUI and a referral program after waiting a year, which is what the release notes imply.

• ESET Moderators
4 minutes ago, cyberhash said:

@foneil I was referring to the under the hood ones.

I think people were expecting more than just an updated GUI and a referral program after waiting a year, which is what the release notes imply.

Thanks for clarifying, I talk often with the product owners about what to include in changelogs and we'll have another discussion after this release using this feedback. 

• Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, foneil said:

Thanks for clarifying, I talk often with the product owners about what to include in changelogs and we'll have another discussion after this release using this feedback. 

You are welcome @foneil , it just seemed a bit odd that after all the improvements made on the products that no mention of any of it appeared on the release notes.

P:s  ... I'm reading the release notes that accompany the download

fone.jpg

It works great, but what has everything been added or changed? There are more than 4 points. Can't see a whole change list

Edited by galaxy

• ESET Moderators
4 hours ago, foneil said:

Regarding galaxy's questions about what is "released" with this version, all ESET users should be aware of the *new* update/release model for our products, where we continually push significant changes through uPcu/PCU/module updates throughout the year. This way, you don't have to wait for a yearly, major release to get all the new capabilities/functionalities. 

I tried to explain this in the Knowledgebase here: https://support.eset.com/kb2256/

And again here: https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/corporate-blog/system-update-headaches-eset-is-the-cure/

Fer

We published more content regarding what is released in home products:

https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/corporate-blog/whats-the-latest-in-esets-antivirus-windows-security-solutions/ 

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Rami said:

This.

While the changelog seems smaller than usual the great thing with eset is your license will work on all future versions if it is valid wi no upgrade fees.

Also I've always thought other security features seemed to hold of on new features for.a big yearly release so its great to see eset is realising new features when they are ready as opposed to waiting 

18 hours ago, galaxy said:

What 'great innovations' do you want to see?

• Most Valued Members
20 minutes ago, Skier said:

What 'great innovations' do you want to see?

I think ESET since v1 is a great innovation, atleast it gave me the opportunity to stop using resource-hungry Norton , it was the only 'light' AV available back in the time.

And now we are v12 , Thank you ESET.:lol:

Well, often we would see things like ´improved HIPS´ or new security features. Aside from that UEFI scanner, not much or so it appears.