With the New Product comming soon ver.12 whether ESET will participate again in Av-Test

• ESET Insiders
14 minutes ago, HANDJOJO said:

ESET Home user product is coming and will reach the customer, whether with the new version ESET will be participate again in AV-TEST?

Thanks.

I think yes it will.

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

ESET Home user product is coming and will reach the customer, whether with the new version ESET will be participate again in AV-TEST?

Thanks.

They do tests every several months , it's not monthly.

Edited by Rami

Thanks for the reply, however ESET has been absent for several months as per screen shot attached.

We hope it will be back with new version.

B/regards, 

ESET Not Yet.jpg

I believe Eset's issues with AV-Test are far from just their protection capability tests. In the last test Eset participated in there, it was rated as one of the lowest in performance. Obviously anyone using Eset know that is an absurd conclusion.

• Most Valued Members

Av Comparatives September 2018 : https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-september-2018-factsheet/

VirusBulletin : https://www.virusbulletin.com/testing/results/latest/vb100-antimalware

AV Comparatives Quote : We would like to point out that while some products may sometimes be able to reach 100% protection rates in a test, it does not mean that these products will always protect against all threats on the web. It just means that they were able to block 100% of the widespread malicious samples used in a test.

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

Thanks Rami for your sharing information.

You are welcome ;)

Malware test for ESET is available here September : https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/malware-protection-test-september-2018/

Edited by Rami

• Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, novice said:

The OP asked about AV Test participation , not about AV Comparatives.

Oh my mistake , but what is the difference , they both do test AVs according to their test methods.

4 minutes ago, Rami said:

they both do test AVs according to their test methods.

yes , but in the last AV Comparatives, ESET did not perform well (98.5%); for a regular user would be useful to have results from multiple third party testing entities.

Hence the question about AV test.

• Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, novice said:

yes , but in the last AV Comparatives, ESET did not perform well (98.5%); for a regular user would be useful to have results from multiple third party testing entities.

Hence the question about AV test.

That's why I have included virusbulletin page. , and in the malware results it performed better with the lowest false positive among others which is a very good thing.

nevermind , sorry for my mistake.

Edited by Rami

• ESET Insiders
23 hours ago, itman said:

I believe Eset's issues with AV-Test are far from just their protection capability tests. In the last test Eset participated in there, it was rated as one of the lowest in performance. Obviously anyone using Eset know that is an absurd conclusion.

It depends on what part of it you are testing. In general usage the performance if pretty good. There are situations where it could be faster, and maybe these tests weigh those things too heavily. Often when I open a folder if there are a lot of files the PC is unresponsive for a few seconds. I am assuming it is scanning the files. But I'm into my second day of testing v12. So far I haven't noticed it. I liked it enough to buy a license.

It looks like a lot of people are complaining about the lack of new features. I'm good with that if the time is spent making the fastest, most stable product possible instead of following trends for the sake of doing so.

3 minutes ago, xxJackxx said:

Often when I open a folder if there are a lot of files the PC is unresponsive for a few seconds.

Never observed that in any Eset version I have used. Might have something to do with realtime scanning setings. Aside from a change to "strict cleaning," I pretty much run default settings there.

Also might have something to do with how many concurrent processes are running/loaded. I usually only have only one app process open at any given time.

• ESET Insiders
26 minutes ago, itman said:

Never observed that in any Eset version I have used. Might have something to do with realtime scanning setings. Aside from a change to "strict cleaning," I pretty much run default settings there.

Also might have something to do with how many concurrent processes are running/loaded. I usually only have only one app process open at any given time.

I don't seem to be having the issue with v12 so far. I did have it a lot with v10. In any case, I don't want to seem like I'm badmouthing the product. Just suggesting why tests may have ranked it as they did. It's far better than waiting for Windows Defender to do what it does.