Problem with ESET anti-theft

Hello,

I'm  paid user of ESET Multi-Device Security. Yesterday I activated anti-theft and On my Home PC I get a message for optimizing anti-theft but when I got to myESET site there is an issue and I cannot access to this device.

Can you help me ?

ESET5.PNG.7e6289020890515f2d29d5d1faebf0ba.PNGESET1.thumb.PNG.51acdcad4818c126771568e650210765.PNGESET2.thumb.PNG.acf381eabb9ca174775dd4cb5a1a3435.PNGESET3.thumb.PNG.b8e13572bdac5d1206027999c2dc266f.PNGESET4.thumb.PNG.8dd422c8ef0df323a14e8531018a675d.PNG

• Most Valued Members

If you could please explain the issue you are having while trying to access your PC , please do explain in English so everyone could understand.

Of course?

My English is poor...

As you can see on my screen shots, ESET IS notifies that I will optimize the anti-theft, but when I connect to my "myESET" account and click on the related device I got an empty screen whitout access to the parameters.

Edited by Leonardo

• Most Valued Members

Did you setup the Anti-Theft inside your ESET in the PC? , and don't worry your English is good :)

Check here for steps : https://support.eset.com/kb3158/?viewlocale=fr_FR - That link is in French.

Edited by Rami

5 minutes ago, Rami said:

Did you setup the Anti-Theft inside your ESET in the PC? , and don't worry your English is good :)

?

I had only entered my Email address and password to connect my PC at "myESET" account.

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

?

I had only entered my Email address and password to connect my PC at "myESET" account.

Check the link I have provided and see if you have missed any steps, if not please do reply so some of the Admins/Mods can take a look at your issue.

Also try restarting your PC , maybe when you restart your PC so you do restart ESET services it might refresh something and make it appear on the website/or give you options in the website

Edited by Rami

11 minutes ago, Rami said:

Check the link I have provided and see if you have missed any steps, if not please do reply so some of the Admins/Mods can take a look at your issue.

Also try restarting your PC , maybe when you restart your PC so you do restart ESET services it might refresh something and make it appear on the website/or give you options in the website

Hi @Rami

Thanks for your help! I check the instructions on your link and restart my PC but no change☹️

• Most Valued Members

When you access myESET , you cannot change any settings for your newly added PC right?

Try to disable Anti-Theft , make sure that you have added the right e-mail and password and then re-enable Anti-Theft in ESET in PC

Edited by Rami

2 hours ago, Rami said:

When you access myESET , you cannot change any settings for your newly added PC right?

Try to disable Anti-Theft , make sure that you have added the right e-mail and password and then re-enable Anti-Theft in ESET in PC

Hi @Rami 

Thanks, you are right.

I tried to disable and then re-enable anti-theft but the problem is still the same.

ESET7.PNG.7bf05e4cefc951ad862b3e8c2ee6aa25.PNGESET8.PNG.7138524a7b3ab05c946d0c08d682fb1c.PNG

Edited by Leonardo

• Most Valued Members
12 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Thanks for your help @Rami 

Now I will disable anti-theft on my PC and wait for a solution.

You are welcome , sorry I wasn't that much help, hoping Marcos will be able to help you :)

• Most Valued Members
18 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Hello @Rami 

Do you know how long is the delay to get an answer from @Marcos ?

To be honest no I don't know but @Marcos should reply as soon as he is available or when he sees this topic

You can also send a support request to your local support team , you can do that from the ESET GUI

1 hour ago, Rami said:

To be honest no I don't know but @Marcos should reply as soon as he is available or when he sees this topic

You can also send a support request to your local support team , you can do that from the ESET GUI

Thanks, I'm working and only back at home tomorrow, If Marcos does not answer, I will contact the support team tomorrow.

• Administrators

Changing the name from "Home" to another one, e.g. "HomePC" should fix it. This is a known issue of the Anti-Theft portal that should be fixed soon.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Changing the name from "Home" to another one, e.g. "HomePC" should fix it. This is a known issue of the Anti-Theft portal that should be fixed soon.

Hi @Marcos 

Thanks, I will try ASAP today afternoon and let you know the result.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Thank you very much @Marcos !

Your trick solved my problem?

1.thumb.PNG.3e89649260cda83528822e60377845d8.PNG2.thumb.PNG.ad985b8ac9af2241d426503c79d8207b.PNG