I just installed Version 12 on three computers

• ESET Insiders
21 minutes ago, jadinolf said:

Everything is fine but I'm a little disappointed.

I thought the colors in the program might match the new colors here.

Nope- I'm, sorry.?

12 version is not released.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, anton83 said:

12 version is not released.

It's being already offered to users with pre-release updates. For regular users it will be released soon.

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, jadinolf said:

Everything is fine but I'm a little disappointed.

I thought the colors in the program might match the new colors here.

Nope- I'm, sorry.?

You mean the style/theme of the GUI doesn't look like the new theme of the forum? , Turquoise color?

• Most Valued Members
8 minutes ago, jadinolf said:

Yes, but it doesn't.

Yeah I think they have only applied the theme to the forum.

24 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

Can you please tell me if there is any UI changes or new Module added in v12?

I just have not had the opportunity to check the Version.

Installed the update last night and went to bed.

Perhaps someone here can answer your question.

10 hours ago, razorfancy said:

Can you please tell me if there is any UI changes or new Module added in v12?

I don't see any obvious changes but haven't compared all available options. The only thing that matches this forum's header color is the ESET logo. It seems to be running smoothly but I wasn't experiencing any issues with the previous version.

Edited by Bill_k

I'm sure there must be some changes and version 12 is not just marketing ? I'm not sure if discussing this would violate forum rules. Anyway, my hunch is that the official release will be quite soon. 24th October last year ? Not sure.

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, DinGo said:

I got this pre-release a few days ago, so far I've not had one problem with it ?

Also here , running fine for few days now.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, esset said:

.... I'm not sure if discussing this would violate forum rules....

If you are not sure about violating Forum rules, maybe you should read the rules, as all Forum members should.

They exist for a reason.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/76-rules-of-the-eset-security-forum/

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

A lot of the changes in ESET V12 are either "under the hood" (e.g., not visible from within the GUI) or are refinements of the existing feature set, however, there are some new things as well. You can expect to hear more about these soon when V12 officially launches.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

For what it's worth, I just got version 12 as a regular update by checking 'updates'. Program update. Somewhere in Europe, I'd rather not post where.

No problems thus far.

Edited by esset

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, esset said:

For what it's worth, I just got version 12 as a regular update by checking 'updates'. Program update. Somewhere in Europe, I'd rather not post where.

No problems thus far.

You have location in your profile as public :(

19 hours ago, Aryeh Goretsky said:

Hello,

A lot of the changes in ESET V12 are either "under the hood" (e.g., not visible from within the GUI) or are refinements of the existing feature set, however, there are some new things as well. You can expect to hear more about these soon when V12 officially launches.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Aryeh, thank you for your input. It's always good to hear from you and your comments are appreciated.

Best regards,

Tom

4 hours ago, esset said:

@Rami,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to hide that ? Anyone ? I just changed ot to a thirld world country I don't live in ..

I highly doubt that anyone really :wacko: cares about the country you show as your location. So show whatever you want to show<_<.

Showing the correct country only helps the Forum Moderators direct you to the correct source should you encounter an issue that requires technical support.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, esset said:

@Rami,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to hide that ? Anyone ? I just changed ot to a thirld world country I don't live in ..

You could keep it as 'Please Select', and don't forget that your IP shows your location everywhere you go on the internet, unless you hide behind a VPN and/or TOR

@Rami,

The idea was not to show my location to everyone on the forum  .,.. not sure how ´public´ public really is. I wouldn´t mind about the staff. And true, I suppose it doesn´t really matter. Just habits ...

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, esset said:

@Rami,

The idea was not to show my location to everyone on the forum  .,.. not sure how ´public´ public really is. I wouldn´t mind about the staff. And true, I suppose it doesn´t really matter. Just habits ...

Yeah I understand you , just wanted to make it clear for you that everywhere you visit web admins can see your location, everything that uses internet and makes you connect to it through the internet will be able to see your IP and knowing your IP is also knowing your location.