Version 11: scheduler - log maintenance

Since version 9, the log maintenance task does not work correctly, it does not run unless it is at the scheduled time. I had solved it by setting the configuration of this task so that it would run the first time I start the computer (once every day), but with the latest version 11.2.63.0, this does not work either. What happens with that task, because they have not reviewed this if it has been happening since version 9?

The latest version sets the execution time at 2:00 am, my computer is not turned on at that time.

Here is the subject, which they filed without solving anything, which shows from when this error occurs.

Captura.JPG

• Administrators

You should not basically notice any impact on free disk size if the log maintenance task is not run unless you have very huge logs which normally doesn't happen.

You can also try switching to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup and upgrade to v12 when offered which has Scheduler revamped and a possibly related bug fixed.

9 hours ago, Hijin25 said:

The latest version sets the execution time at 2:00 am, my computer is not turned on at that time.

On my 11.2.63 Internet Security installation, it is set to run at 6:00 PM EST. And it does run at that time.

Simply edit the existing log maintenance task time to whatever you want as shown in the below screen shot. Also pay attention to the time format which is HH:MM:SS:TT:

Eset_Log_Maintenance.thumb.png.086d913d9d7a33e6d874ea51d7beb060.png

Edited by itman

• 4 weeks later...

Version 12 and same behavior. The task does not run unless it is at the scheduled time, not like before version 9, where if the computer was running with a full screen application or turned off, the task was executed correctly as soon as possible.

Four versions and can not correct this bad configuration. Actually if something that seems so simple could not be fixed in 4 years, I start to doubt the ability of the antivirus to detect threats.