Jump to content

Definition Update - File Not Found on Server


Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Just encountered a strange problem, more of a post to let you know that it's been encountered.

I got an email stating that when one of our machines tried to update definitions, the file was not found on the server. I went downstairs to take a look and manually checked for updates and it went through with no problems. Is there a difference between it trying to update automatically and manually?

Kind Regards,

Kieran Barry

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

What version of Endpoint is installed on the client? Does it update directly from ESET's servers or you use a mirror or http proxy? If it updates from a mirror, which product / version creates it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

In the update setup make sure that automatic server selection is enabled:

image.png

Also check if proxy server is disabled:

image.png

In case you're able to reproduce the issue, enable update engine advanced logging under Tools -> Diagnostics and run update. Then disable logging and provide me with logs gathered with ELC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

In the update setup make sure that automatic server selection is enabled:

 

Also check if proxy server is disabled:

 

In case you're able to reproduce the issue, enable update engine advanced logging under Tools -> Diagnostics and run update. Then disable logging and provide me with logs gathered with ESET Log Collector.

I have checked these settings and they are the same as yours.

I have enabled the logging just in-case the issue happens again.

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards,

Kieran Barry

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...