Message in Chrome

miri

Hi,

From a few days ago I started getting the following message when browsing with Chrome. Even by switching from tab to tab I get this message.  I scanned my computer from viruses and malware and found 0 infected. Can someone help and explain me what is going on?

Many thanks

image.png.9265f304a9dce8226826da9c1af09fce.png

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, miri said:

Hi,

From a few days ago I started getting the following message when browsing with Chrome. Even by switching from tab to tab I get this message.  I scanned my computer from viruses and malware and found 0 infected. Can someone help and explain me what is going on?

Many thanks

image.png.9265f304a9dce8226826da9c1af09fce.png

Did you try to use something else than Chrome ? , like Firefox and trying to do the same things will it trigger ESET?

• Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, miri said:

Marcos - shouldn't it be blocked? I will try disabling all extensions.

Scanning the link that was in the screenshot that you provided in the first post in virustotal produce clean results

It could be isolated Chrome is conflicting with ESET , so ESET is acting up and denying access for some reason , but as you have said it worked with other browsers then the problem is only with Chrome.

• Most Valued Members
13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

There several domains like that on the IP address, neither of which seems kosher by the looks of them:

image.png

I've scanned all of these in VirusTotal , cowoy-65dotcom is Malicious according to 4 websites

313802857_Screenshotat2018-10-1518-16-40.thumb.png.263bde78c576d110a144ba9a6f9f5d3d.png

Others reported as CLEAN, It could be that why ESET has blocked access to the website.

Edited by Rami

Why does Chrome need call this website every time I go to a new web address?  Is there a way to disable all Chrome extensions in one click?

• Most Valued Members
16 minutes ago, miri said:

Why does Chrome need call this website every time I go to a new web address?  Is there a way to disable all Chrome extensions in one click?

Did you try to use another browser and see if you get redirected to that address ?

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, miri said:

yes, it only happens in Chorme. In Mozilla and in Explorer it does not happen.

It could mean 2 things I think :

1)ESET and Chrome are having conflicts because of Chrome's recent updates

2)Your Chrome is hijacked by one of the extensions or by something else like malware, but most probably by an extension