Infected Computer - HELP! Wanted from ESET

Hello and Good Day to you ESET :)

My Dads computer running Windows 7 32 bit it is a laptop for Work The Viruses know how to prevent ESET from activating and Are preventing LiveGrid from Functioning correctly with INTERNET Security 11.2.63.0 Please Direct me to a tool to use to force ESET to activate securely or scan for infections that will then allow The Download tool to Work for Kaspersky i have activated malwarebytes premium and it finds no infections :) thank goodness.

Dean Pepler

• Most Valued Members
On 10/12/2018 at 5:23 PM, DeanAbiePepler said:

Hello and Good Day to you ESET :)

My Dads computer running Windows 7 32 bit it is a laptop for Work The Viruses know how to prevent ESET from activating and Are preventing LiveGrid from Functioning correctly with INTERNET Security 11.2.63.0 Please Direct me to a tool to use to force ESET to activate securely or scan for infections that will then allow The Download tool to Work for Kaspersky i have activated malwarebytes premium and it finds no infections :) thank goodness.

Dean Pepler

You could restore your father's PC to earlier state that wasn't infected using System Restore

Or you could boot into safe mode and then after than you can run Malwarebytes to fully scan the PC , maybe it could pick up something and help you with running ESET again.

Or you can just follow Marcos' advice.

• 2 weeks later...

now i have updated ESET internet security on my own PC which is clean and malware free running windows 10

ESET LiveGrid does not want to work or activate and i checked the settings and cloud based protection setting window is blank i tried rebooting again twice to get eset to work but is not able to activate LiveGrid this only happened after the update ?

• Administrators

cloud based protection setting window is blank

Please post a screen shot and also provide me with logs gathered with ELC.